www.paul-simon.info 
The neck of my Guitar

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineArt Garfunkel to perform in Sweden!

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

Barb
Apr-25-2008, 22:00 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Bodo, it is simply that all AG fans are nice people!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 230 ]

Bodo
Apr-25-2008, 23:02 GMT
Austria

That must be the answer then Barb - and by saying that you even have been nice to us :)

Leonard Cohen is a poet who had the bad luck that people like him more when he sings his poems.

Jett Rink
Apr-28-2008, 20:16 GMT

When I found Art and Paul in my
attic after years of neglect and
non interest, I never heard of a
break up or a reunion so to me I
thought if they are still performing,
I couldn´t wait to see them. Sorry
I missed 2004. To me they each have
their own talents. So here´s another
complaint about Nobody comes to the
midwest and nobody consists of two people.

HÃ¥kan
May-05-2008, 15:56 GMT
Sweden

Bodo, I think You´re missing my point, probably because I didn´t express it very well.

Sure, I don´t expect all fans of Paul Simon to like Art. But what I expect is not to have negative comments (or making fun of) Art every time his name is mentioned. If you´re not interested, fine, just disregard the post. This is no big matter for me, but I feel that the "Old rival" situation between Paul & Art still seem to affect their fans. At least those who just like Paul.

And I think that even You Bodo, realize the difference of relevance on this forum between Art G. and Leanord Cohen. But who am I to say anything negative about Leonard Cohan all the same?

Jett Rink
May-11-2008, 15:24 GMT

Hakan, why don´t you just join
Art´s forum, very friendly people
and we have our own Paul forum and
I don´t recall anyone ever saying
anything bad about him. I think Bodo
did state he is only a fan of Paul´s
individual work, so it´s only
natural. I try to learn as I go
along not having listend to SG
since 1970 and never even knew
they broke up.

HÃ¥kan
May-13-2008, 11:25 GMT
Sweden

Jett, as I said before, if this is a Paul Simon only forum, just say so, that´s fine with me. Until this is stated somewhere, I think there are many who read this forum who like PS, S&G and AG.

Søren
May-13-2008, 20:36 GMT
Denmark

http://www.paul-simon.info/PHP/rules.html

HÃ¥kan  
May-14-2008, 11:39 GMT
Sweden

Ok, there are a lot of disregard for those are not fundamentalists on the above link. I can´t say I like it at all. It seems to me that this is a very narrow minded way of looking at things.

As I´ve said before, Paul & Art seems to have been able to put their stormy past behind them, put apparently (some of) the fans who just like Paul, regretfully don´t seem to have reached that far yet.

I like both Paul, Art AND S&G, each in different way, and I wouldn´t like to have to choose between either of them. Obviously there doesn´t seem to be any room for persons like me around here. You should only like Paul (and preferably dislike anything that has to do with Art). I don´t understand why it has to be this way, but I accept facts and won´t bother You again (other than continuing discussion in this thread if there is any development).

Kerstin
May-14-2008, 18:39 GMT
Germany

"Obviously there doesn´t seem to be any room for persons like me around here. You should only like Paul (and preferably dislike anything that has to do with Art)."

Hakan, that would mean there´s no room for me either. I like S&G and Art as well. I wouldn´t let the fact, that others don´t like Art, bother me. But wouldn´t it be a good idea to have an Art-Forum on here for those who want to discuss him, just like there´s a Paul-Forum on Art´s site? Just a suggestion.

Scaaty
May-15-2008, 09:51 GMT
Ireland

Generally people don´t mind discussing Art or any new developments regarding him, but this constant hankering for going backwards to 50 years ago to reunite S&G does annoy a lot of PS fans. I was learning my ABCs in the 60s, I´d like to think I have made some progress since and have no wish to go back. Paul Simon doesn´t seem to want to do that either, and Artie should realise it would be retrograde to his own personal development

and as for an Artie forum on this site....does paul ever sing an AG song in his shows? Never

HÃ¥kan
May-15-2008, 15:05 GMT
Sweden

"this constant hankering for going backwards to 50 years ago to reunite S&G does annoy a lot of PS fans"

The You relly must hate your idol, Paul Simon, for reunite with Art in 2003 - 2004. Allthough Paul didn´t seem to mind, I guess some of the PS fans couldn´t accept this.

Ans
May-15-2008, 15:26 GMT
Netherlands

That´s exactly how I feel about this issue too Scaaty. It´s not a matter of disliking Art but dislike the fact that people and Art still want to go back to the sixties. And it´s not that we didn´t have reunions of S&G, in fact we had more than enough reunions.

I know there are made a lot of jokes about Art here on the forum, but there are also jokes about Paul. My advice for fans of Art and S&G, don´t take the jokes so seriously, joke back and don´t get frustrated.

And on the site of AG there is plenty room to discuss and talk about Art and his music.

I think Bodo made it clear in the rules, they were made to avoid useless and endless threads, spamming and swearing. I´m sure Bodo didn´t want to insult anybody, S&G fans are always welcome on this site and forum. Art was a part of Paul´s career, they are friends now, I see no reason why fans of Paul solo and Art solo couldn´t do the same.

Ans
May-15-2008, 15:31 GMT
Netherlands

Why should we hate Paul, he wanted to redo his S&G songs one more time, some songs I really like in the new version of 2003-2004.

Ell
May-15-2008, 16:23 GMT
United Kingdom

It`s not that I disagree with anyone on this but I prefer Paul Simon`s music from the seventies and early eighties. I would also prefer to see S&G reunite as many times as they please.
Anyone can make as many jokes about Art Garfunkel as they please but it won`t change my opinion about S&G. They`re great!
A word of warning though. The last time I saw Art Garfunkel in concert, it lasted only 1 hour and 15 mins��and I think he had a ten minute break in the middle.

Scaaty
May-15-2008, 16:58 GMT
Ireland

Of course I didn´t hate (its not a word I´d use lightly) it I was there and would always be there...... but it did delay the release of Surprise by nearly three years and that, I didn´t care for!

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread