Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineArtie Got His Voice Back

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Brenda
Apr-02-2017, 10:57 GMT
Australia

True Bodo. Cannot recall one negative thing Paul has done or said against Art for many many years. Sad to say AG seems to go out of his way to try to lower people's opinion of Paul. The comments made by Paul in Dec 2016 were the first time he has ever publicly commented on that pathetic outburst by AG. Just some of the positive remarks by Paul in recent years.
https://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfpxgdDcfwc

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 565 ]

Michiel
Apr-02-2017, 22:18 GMT
Netherlands

Well I guess you misunderstood me. What I meant was that Art calling Paul a jerk is not a reason for not reuniting again, since Paul doesn't give that much attention to it at all, he's above it. A real reason is Art's voice which has not the quality it should have to meet Paul's quality standards. Furthermore, they are not on speaking terms, which is a second reason for not reuniting. The fact that they are not on speaking terms is coming from both sides, since they are not interested enough to restore the friendship, otherwise one of them would try to do so. That's what I meant. Of couse AG was more negative in public on PS than the other way around. But that was not what I meant.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 530 ]

Brenda
Apr-03-2017, 02:38 GMT
Australia

Guess it does help to at least be on speaking terms to perform together ! I still think Paul would have been hurt by Art's comments in that article especially the cruel remarks about his height and Napoleon complex.The interview did go viral. And the article is probably a big factor in their current estrangement though Paul did explain recently why he keeps away from Art now. I was just listening to their Live 1969 album this morning . Their voices were just perfect. Best to forget any reunion and just listen to their records. I still cringe watching those clips from the NO Jazz Fest in 2010.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 512 ]

Michiel
Apr-03-2017, 07:22 GMT
Netherlands

Yes their voices were so much better in 1969!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 499 ]

Brenda
Apr-03-2017, 11:28 GMT
Australia

Live 1969 is my favourite S and G album Michiel. It does not get any better. I even like BOTW better than the record and Paul's version of Kathy's Song is the best ever. Plus we got the extra verse of "The Boxer 'They were really at their peak.

[Like] 1 Isabelle Isabelle
[Reply] - [Readers: 486 ]

mog
Apr-04-2017, 22:29 GMT
Canada

Hey, this is MOG.

I am retired now, but...

Live 1969...I should revisit it. I don't know, I still feel that the Live in NYC is the ultimate Live S&G.

'69 is indeed quite interesting: duo at their peak, some (amazing) songs still unheard. But I do declare (sic) that maybe most of the arrangements with the band sound outdated.

The '69 album is a collage of performances. If I am not mistaken, the '67 is rather the performance at Carnegie Hall. '67 is more what remains of most people of S&G: two voices and a guitar. Plus you have some earlier songs there that are nice.

But yeah, BOTW without the overdone arrangments of the studio version is fabulous.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 406 ]

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread