http://newschannelnebraska.com/abc_entertai/carrie
-fishers-ex-husband-paul-simon-responds-to-her-pas
sing-shell-appear-in-family-guy-abcid35834680/

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1180 ]

Nath
Dec-28-2016, 22:49 GMT
France

So many stupid comments from some stupid women just because he wrote "girl" instead of "woman" ?? !! C'mon a little bit of respect, girls !!!

[Like] 2 Lara, Jan Dean Lara, Jan Dean
[Reply] - [Readers: 1153 ]

Richard USVI
Dec-29-2016, 17:25 GMT
USA - United Staates America

While I can understand women being offended at someone calling them a 'girl', I agree that this is not the time or the place to make an issue of Paul's word selection.

Not only is he likely to be grieving, he may have chosen that word on purpose because she was young when they were together and that may be more descriptive of her at that time. And when you have known someone from long ago, the tendency is to think of them as being that age.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1057 ]

Bodo
Dec-29-2016, 23:42 GMT
Austria

While I find this discussion complete irrelevant and I am sure all those woman did not know that Paul was in a relationship with carrie as a young girl, I am surprised now that people even accept a Song with the lyrics "sail on silver girl".

When Paul calls her a silver girl He choose those words very wise, they have a deep meaning of love. Carrie was in fact a silver girl the last 10 years or longer and maybe He sometimes called her by that nickname. (We know that originally this was an Insider joke with his first wife Peggy).

[Like] 2 Lara, Jan Dean Lara, Jan Dean
[Reply] - [Readers: 1014 ]

Nath
Dec-30-2016, 12:08 GMT
France

Sure Bodo ! I even see in that "girl" much love from him !

[Like] 1 Lara Lara
[Reply] - [Readers: 960 ]

Pagan
Jan-01-2017, 02:26 GMT
United Kingdom

I reported and blocked one. She was offensive. Implied she had sone much in common with Carrie. When someine asked how..."I've been told. In the past how.much I looked like her!!" Wow!! She even set up a pole about getting Paul to apologise and she got angry when 98% said no lol

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 830 ]

Pagan
Jan-01-2017, 02:29 GMT
United Kingdom

Doesn't bother me and I'm almost 50! Some woman need to get a grip and stop talking as if they're a mouth piece for all woman. At the end of the day Paul.knew Carrie. They didn't. They had no right being nasty.

[Like] 4 Brenda, Isabelle, Ans, Jan Dean Brenda, Isabelle, Ans, Jan Dean
[Reply] - [Readers: 828 ]

Brenda
Jan-02-2017, 06:06 GMT
Australia

Sad that Paul took the post down on his FB and Official Twitter account yesterday. There are some obnoxious people on the internet. Nothing better to do with their time than to unfairly abuse others.

[Like] 3 Bodo, Isabelle, Ans Bodo, Isabelle, Ans
[Reply] - [Readers: 781 ]

Nath  
Jan-02-2017, 11:20 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Pfffff

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 762 ]

Jupira  
Jan-06-2017, 19:30 GMT
Brazil

Does Paul has a facebook account and he personaly post things there? Please, send me a link...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 653 ]

Bodo
Jan-07-2017, 10:16 GMT
Austria

No, he does not post there. of course record Company has Set up an account, but not much happens there.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 607 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread