Start a new Thread

Bottom

Headline2016 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4]

AuthorComment

Michiel
Feb-01-2017, 07:52 GMT
Netherlands

You're right. Votings where people can vote over and over again are (as per definition) not votings reflecting the opinion of the voters in a democratic way. It only reflects the amount of people who have too much time to be able to vote over and over again.

[Like] 1 Håkan Håkan
[Reply] - [Readers: 454 ]

Bodo
Feb-01-2017, 11:54 GMT
Austria

The point is, that no one says this is a serious prize, and we all knew that it is just fun to vote and see Paul first, Case we rarely see him first on a list. I already explained why, so it is complete useless to to have a discussion with harsh words about it, started by Simon Fans and not monkeeeeee Fans.
Clearly there is information lost because some did or could not follow that thing onFacebook.
There is no usefull Internet voting System btw. Usually Simon would come in last anyway because thousands of other Fans would vote multiple times. It was fun, but there are always people out there who maybe can Not see other people having fun, about basically " nothing"

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 434 ]

Michiel
Feb-01-2017, 22:33 GMT
Netherlands

Having fun is always a good thing. Life is too short for not having fun

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 405 ]

Scaaty  
Feb-02-2017, 09:11 GMT
Unknown

Anyway democracy is highly overrated- look at the US!! Best that those who know best i.e. Paul Simon fans, should take over and educate the rest. I mean the Monkees??? Come on!!! 1. They were only a makeyup band so that the TV companies(?US) could make a sitcom about the Beatles and 2 couldn't even spell Monkey right. 3 the fact they were top of the list with the likes of David Bowie shows what can happen when rabble are allowed to vote!
Now, back to important things- will there be a tour or album from our Paul in 2017?

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 387 ]

Bodo
Feb-02-2017, 09:24 GMT
Austria

No Tour or Album 2017.
We got everything already in 2016, we wanted too much and now thats the result. :-)
Month of Januar was absolute Silence.

[Like] 1 Scaaty Scaaty
[Reply] - [Readers: 381 ]

Brenda
Feb-02-2017, 09:38 GMT
Australia

Paul working with Roy Halee on an album at the moment Scaaty. Seems to be re recording old material so maybe not too long to wait. Not much news in January though it was announced Paul will be attending this in March
https://http://www.durham-nc.com/includes/calendar
-of-events/E-O-Wilson-Paul-Simon-Saving-the-Natura
l-World/84575/

[Like] 1 Scaaty Scaaty
[Reply] - [Readers: 377 ]

Scaaty
Feb-02-2017, 10:32 GMT
Ireland

Yes we had a wonderful 2016 with Paul, the Dublin concert being the highlight nearly making up for how bad the year was on a personal and international level!
Just to clarify I meant to include Paul simon with Bowie meaning that they both had a right to be at the top of the list - apologies if I offended any DB fans - may he rest in peace!

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 366 ]

Håkan
Feb-03-2017, 15:07 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Scaaty, your comment obviously reveal your ignorance about the Monkees as a band and about their history. On the other side you are far from alone in that misconception.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 326 ]

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread