Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineEuropean Tour

Page: [1] ... [3] [4] [5]

AuthorComment

ersa76
Jun-13-2016, 22:59 GMT
Italy

You're right Bjiern! As he doesn't come to Italy and I have some relatives living in Goteborg, I've bought a ticket for the concert there. I paid 60 euros for the chipest, or better less expensive one: a lot of money for such a seat.

[Like] 1 Lara Lara
[Reply] - [Readers: 777 ]

Brenda
Jun-15-2016, 13:05 GMT
Australia

Two dates added for Spain !
http://www.abc.es/cultura/musica/abci-paul-simon-a
ctuara-bilbao-y-madrid-noviembre-201606151316_noti
cia.html

[Like] 1 Lara Lara
[Reply] - [Readers: 713 ]

Lara
Jun-16-2016, 18:56 GMT
Italy

@ersa76: really?? wow!! you're very lucky!
still I can't understand why he decided not to come in Italy.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 666 ]

Bodo
Jun-23-2016, 03:24 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Hi Lara

I do not think Paul "decides" to go NOT to some place. Building a tour plan is not easy I believe. He might say I want to tour "Europe" or he will say "UK and Ireland, 2 weeks, not more"... but the rest is up to the possibility of finding a local partner and finding a date and arena at for a specific time frame of 1 or 2 nights. And who wants to take the risk to pay a lot of money (to Paul) and theny loose money himself because tickets are not sold well enough.

I only know the story of a small private arts club in Austria, who was able to bring a lot of stars to their small town in the 1990s. They also had Paul in 1991 (their biggest act at that time), and they became bigger and bigger every year. In 1996 they booked the Rolling Stones - and Rolling Stones is really a big and expensive act. Too big for them. Although they sold 45.000 tickets, they were bankrupt after that show. They disappeared for several years, they started again in 2002 or so, with very small acts.

So I believe it is hard sometimes to find partners for a concert. The artist never has any risk if the venue is not sold out, he takes his money and flies to the next event. Paul has some markets where he is well known and it works on every tour (northern countries), maybe in Italy the local promoters had problems to sell the 140 Euro tickets ;-)

[Like] 1 Lara Lara
[Reply] - [Readers: 576 ]

Lara
Jul-01-2016, 22:53 GMT
Italy

Hi Bodo!
Yes, I think that you are perfectly right. When he came in Italy in 2008 and 2011, it was in summer and he played in an open arena. Last year with Sting they were in a very big stadium and it was full of people but, as we know, mostly because of Sting. For sure it would be more difficult to find a place for his tour this year and also to sell tickets to a cheaper price. There could be a place, but as you said, it’s hard to take this kind of risk.
It’s a pity, but this is. Thank you for your words, they helped me to understand better this kind of things and how they works . :-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 404 ]

Page: [1] ... [3] [4] [5]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread