Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineSeeing Paul on Sunday

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Ljay
Apr-09-2015, 22:18 GMT
United Kingdom

So Excited, Time has gone quite fast since christmas. I Go to see Paul & Sting this sunday in Birmingham! I can't wait.
Anyone else going this Sunday from here?

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1569 ]

Brenda
Apr-09-2015, 22:59 GMT
Australia

I am not going Ljay but hope you have a great time. Lived in Birmingham for many years. Enjoy the show.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1568 ]

wayne
Apr-10-2015, 22:23 GMT
United Kingdom

I'll be there.....first of 3...Manchester, then O2 second night...really looking forward to these shows...

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 1544 ]

Matthew
Apr-14-2015, 21:54 GMT
United Kingdom

I am very jealous of Wayne! I was at the Birmingham show but that will be my only one. Luckily I had a very good seat near the stage.

I hope the comment in Manchester before Homeward Bound is not a hint that he is going to put the brakes on the fairly regular touring we have enjoyed in the last 15 years since the You're The One tour.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1501 ]

Alain B
Apr-16-2015, 10:24 GMT
France

Hi Matthew,

What did Paul exactly say before singing Homeward Bound ?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1485 ]

Cécilia
Apr-17-2015, 00:56 GMT
France

"Because I don’t know when I’ll see you again."

https://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01FIE38wWgE

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/apr/14/paul-
simon-sting-review

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1463 ]

Simon
Apr-17-2015, 09:18 GMT
United Kingdom

He sang Homeward Bound again last night at the O2, just said it reminded him of all the time he's had, after last nights amazing show (by Sting too) I don't think retirement is on the cards just yet. I stand corrected about Sting --- he was superb and both men really looked like they were having fun (Paul without a hat too and he looked fantastic and in fine form).

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1457 ]

Bodo
Apr-17-2015, 23:49 GMT
USA - United Staates America

I dont think that sentence means anything.

Paul is (IMO) a little bit unsure if he can fill stadions alone.
Of course, I think we all loved the 2011 tour for his last album, but there had been a few concerts with only 1-2 thousand people. Considering what Paul is asking for a show, this can't work out.
So he did Graceland revival in 2012 to fill stadions
And Simon-Sting since 2013 to fill stadions.

His fan base is really very small today :-(

Will he go on promo-tour after his next album, alone, at very small venues? He could maybe do that with a band of only 5. Drummer, Mark, Bakithi and another multi-instrumentalist..Tony maybe.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1426 ]

Ans  
Apr-18-2015, 15:50 GMT
Germany

I think Paul still has a very solid fan base. Paul always enjoyed to perform with other artists. He definitely has a lot of fun with Sting on tour. And so do the members of both bands.

Looking forward to his new album and hope he will tour again :)

[Like] 2 Scaaty , Cécilia Scaaty , Cécilia
[Reply] - [Readers: 1405 ]

Erwin
Apr-18-2015, 19:38 GMT
Netherlands

Well it fore sure means that he will not go on tour again anytime soon. Tours are normal planned almost one year before they start so i think it will take while before we get to see him on stage again...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1400 ]

Han
Apr-19-2015, 12:08 GMT
Netherlands

Well, I was at the final concert of the tour last night. It was a magnificent performance and it was good to see that Paul is in great shape. He looked very dynamic and was having much fun on stage. Homeward bound was played without any accompanying words. Probably it was not on the setlist, because the band was preparing the next song, when Paul siad "we're doing something else".

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1378 ]

Richard USVI
Apr-19-2015, 12:15 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Homeward Bound was played without any words? Or do you mean without any other musicians?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1377 ]

Han
Apr-19-2015, 12:23 GMT
Netherlands

Well, I was at the final concert of the tour last night. It was a magnificent performance and it was good to see that Paul is in great shape. He looked very dynamic and was having much fun on stage. Homeward bound was played without any accompanying words. Probably it was not on the setlist, because the band was preparing the next song, when Paul siad "we're doing something else".

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1376 ]

Han
Apr-19-2015, 13:02 GMT
Netherlands

In Machester Paul said before playing Himeward bound something like 'I don't know when we will see each other again'. In Amsterdam no reference to something like that

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1376 ]

Klausi
Apr-21-2015, 05:26 GMT
Germany

When he sang "Homeward Bound" in Liverpool in a concert years ago, he said something, the crowd knew that he wrote it there. It is about the railway station in Widnes, he wrote it when staying there for several days, and the reaction to the song was great. There is a bootleg recording of poor quality, but this can be heard clearly.

The already famous Englishman in New York and the only living Boy in New York singing Homeward Bound in London - touching! Paul made it in England and could live then quite well, earning 20 Pounds per evening, a lot of money at that time.

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 1336 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread