Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineSimon & Garfunkel - The Complete Album Collection

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Håkan
Oct-04-2014, 21:18 GMT
Sweden

On November 24, Columbia Records and Legacy Recordings will issue Simon & Garfunkel’s The Complete Albums Collection, a 12-CD Box set containing:
•All five of Simon & Garfunkel’s stereo studio albums released between 1964 and 1970, newly remastered from first-generation analog sources;
•First-time remasters of The Graduate soundtrack and 1981’s The Concert in Central Park;
•1972’s Greatest Hits album (which contained some unique performances unavailable elsewhere); and
•Live concert albums from 1967, 1969 and 2004, as first released in 2002, 2008 and 2004, respectively.

Hit the jump for more details on this new collection including pre-order links!

Each of the discs in Simon & Garfunkel’s Complete Albums Collection comes in its own mini-LP facsimile sleeve, replicating the original artwork. The box also includes a book of new liner notes penned by historian Bud Scoppa. Each album is presented in its original configuration only; hence, the bonus material included on Legacy’s 2001 box set The Columbia Studio Recordings 1964-1970 (and available on the individual album reissues) is absent here.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N9LNNQA/

http://theseconddisc.com/2014/10/02/old-friends-le
gacy-collects-simon-garfunkel-discography/#more-26

Ok, totally unnecessary to buy. The only thing interesting is that they will finally release "The Concert i Central Park" as a 2-CD (without the previously released trimmings, I presume). But it would have been nice with the whole concert and also the mono versions of the albums.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1938 ]

Håkan
Oct-05-2014, 08:55 GMT
Sweden

Looks like Amazon may have made an error? It is probably the "Old Friends" CD that should be a 2-CD edition, not the Central Park concert.

Since all 5 studio albums have been "newly remastered from first-generation analog sources", maybe at least "Bridge Over Troubled Water" can have some improved sound?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1916 ]

mog
Oct-05-2014, 20:48 GMT
Canada

Pretty boring for the die-hard fan...

I wonder how many times they could remaster something ?

I have everything in there.

Pass !!

[Like] 1 Kristin Kristin
[Reply] - [Readers: 1875 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread