Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineSeriously...

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4]

AuthorComment

Bodo
Sep-21-2014, 10:41 GMT
Austria

I know artists earn less because their CD/LP sales decreased. But it is hard to say how much that really is.
In Pauls case: Most of his daily income might come from song royaltys. (remember, even the 1-hit wonder guys still make their living from their royaltys 20-30 years later)

The difference might be: In the 1990s you gave that artist 15 Euros for his CD and paid another 30-50 for the concer ticket. Now you pay 200 for the ticket. Hm... Are we paying the compensation for their lower CD sales?

And in Pauls case: Did the sales really drop because of internet pirates, or did they drop because he didn't have a hit since 1987 (Call me Al)?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 607 ]

Mimi
Sep-21-2014, 10:49 GMT
Austria

I don´t think Paul Simon has to worry about money. I can´t imagine what one earns with royalities for songs like Bridge and so on.

And I belive that he will go on touring as long as he enjoys it. I also belive that touring with Sting and his band is big fun and the audience and the critics liked it in the USA. I don´t think he is spending to much thoughts about the prices for the people who attend the concerts. As long as the tickets sell it´s alright.

I just looked at the homepage of the Wiener Stadthalle and you can go to a plan where they show you the tickets that are still available. I am quite suprised that in most of the categories there aren´t very much tickets left. And the sale started on Friday! So I still hope that maybe they will open some area, where you can stand and dance and the prices aren´t that high.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 607 ]

Bodo
Sep-21-2014, 14:47 GMT
Austria

Not sure if they would do that (open a dancing area).

I guess they simply do not show what they have, it is very common on ticketsale systems that they only offer a few tickets in all categories, and weeks later they offer different seats. Otherwise it is very hard for them to sell the bad seats in the last rows all in the last 2 weeks, when the demand is higher. They are clever. And if they can not sell them, they simply lower the price in the end (well, they do not make it that simple, they say for example: Raiffeisen-Special Student Tickets for 49,90 Euros or so, they don't want to have a fight with the people who already bought tickets. You just have to give every ticket a different name and it works...).

Mimi, there was an advertisement on ORF just yesterday for the concert, with Paul and Stings music. So I am pretty sure the ticket sale just starts. Why else would you pay a few thousand euros for advertisement on TV...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 604 ]

Bodo
Sep-21-2014, 14:51 GMT
Austria

I remember in Munich in the year 2002 I bought front row tickets on the day the pre-sale started. The woman on the phone did not even know that tickets are available, I was the first person to call..haha, other times.
Then she gave me first row tickets, but it was place 4 and 5. Can you believe that, it was completely on the edge.. I think I paid 55 Euros.

Then at the show I chatted with the older woman next to me(place 6), she said she bought the ticket 2 days before and paid 45 Euros. She got a FIRST ROW ticket 2 days before, at the ticket office - and paid less than I paid.

I was happy that we could stand up after 3-4 songs...I was centered again ;-)

Better never ask your seating neighbour what he paid.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 604 ]

Bodo
Sep-22-2014, 13:05 GMT
Austria

Mimi, if you still want front row:
http://www.stadthalle.com/events/Paul-Simon-Sting-
on-stage-together/7970

Ultimate Front row (thats the ticket category)
Price 566 Euros per Ticket

Fun.

These events are not sold out, I do not believe that. It is just the pre-sale companies which bought all the tickets, hoping to make some extra money.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 586 ]

Mimi
Sep-22-2014, 16:13 GMT
Austria

Well, sure. Honestly my husband would question my sanity, if would buy them.

Still I want to know who is paying such an insane amount of money?

[Like] 1 Lara Lara
[Reply] - [Readers: 585 ]

Bodo
Sep-22-2014, 22:39 GMT
Austria

Have to correct myself..as London and Amsterdam are already sold out.
I am clueless.
Seems this is it. We are the bad fans, no other explanation for me Mimi :-) There have been 10.000 sleeping Paul Simon fans around Vienna in the last 20 years ;-)

I wonder what the prices for the next solo tour will be. At least I should catch Paul at some festival and dance somewhere in the front :-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 572 ]

Lara
Sep-23-2014, 14:59 GMT
Italy

I got my two tickets yesterday for 75 euros each, not exactly the front row but ...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 557 ]

Mimi
Sep-23-2014, 17:35 GMT
Austria

After beeing a loyal fan for so long, I don´t worry about that. But everyone will understand, that there are priorities in life.

But Vienna is so close to where I live, maybe I should show up and try for some cheap tickets at the last minute. Maybe some of the Super-VIP-Fans has another date and sells his tickets. We could meet there, Bodo and drink a beer at some pub instead.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 551 ]

DannyC  
Sep-24-2014, 02:20 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Can't seem to post a new thread, but anyone interested, Paul will be on Conan O'Brien tonight at 11pm EST to honor George Harrison.

http://teamcoco.com/

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 535 ]

Brenda
Sep-24-2014, 04:28 GMT
Australia

He sang "Here comes the Sun" with Mark. (posted in A.M.P.S) I could not post news either a couple of days ago. It accepted it but did not post.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 534 ]

Brenda
Sep-24-2014, 05:50 GMT
Australia

Here Comes The Sun http://teamcoco.com/video/paul-simon-here-comes-th
e-sun?playlist=x%3BeyJ0eXBlIjoicmVjZW50IiwiaWQiOm5
1bGx9
and

Paul's memories of George
http://teamcoco.com/video/paul-simon-remembers-geo
rge-harrison?playlist=x;eyJ0b3RhbCI6NjAxOCwidHlwZS
I6InJlY2VudCIsImlkIjpudWxsfQ

[Like] 1 Bodo Bodo
[Reply] - [Readers: 534 ]

Michiel
Oct-04-2014, 09:04 GMT
Netherlands

I've changed my mind. Although I think that his voice has not fully recovered yet, I still will visit Art's concert in NL. You know, time goes on and indeed these men are approaching eighty, and on second thought I must say that it is very brave to still being a performer on the age of 73 (at that time). Initially I thought why does he not wait for his voice to be fully recovered first, but you know maybe that moment will never come, who knows. Maybe I go to Simon Sting as well, who knows. Might be the last time as well.

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 451 ]

Brenda
Oct-04-2014, 10:17 GMT
Australia

You should do that Michiel! Who knows when Paul will stop touring. Would be sad to miss out on the last tour. As you say ,they are not getting any younger!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 448 ]

Richard USVI
Oct-04-2014, 12:12 GMT
USA - United Staates America

I agree. I keep going to the concerts because I never know when he will stop. Unlike most performers, I believe that if Paul could no longer perform up to his satisfaction, he would stop. So many keep going way past that point. Like boxers...

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 444 ]

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread