Bottom

HeadlineSimon/Sting Tour 2015 Australia & Europe

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4] ... [7] [8]

AuthorComment

Bodo
Jul-02-2014, 20:09 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Pauls publicist (office?).

Strange enough, I had a feeling that Jamey (his webmaster...) was "too fast" and there might be some problems. As there have been 2 dates which are in question (2nd night maybe...), it looked very inofficial. A leak ;-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 921 ]

Brenda
Jul-03-2014, 06:20 GMT
Australia

thanks Bodo!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 909 ]

mog
Jul-03-2014, 15:25 GMT
Canada

It is that unusual. How many times have we seen the phenomenon with Jim Oblon ?

Nowadays and with social medias, lots of people want to become interesting and post stuff as soon as they learn. But I feel that the news must be official before third parties can talk about it.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 900 ]

Brenda
Jul-04-2014, 00:10 GMT
Australia

The Auckland date and ticket sales info (correct) were available on The Breeze ( NZ radio station)website on Saturday a couple of days before the official announcement. Hard to stop people talking about it! This Australian television interview was shot before the Orlando show March 17
https://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mozl4uB7o0

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 881 ]

Bodo
Jul-04-2014, 03:35 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Australian and NZ tour is fine and confirmed.
I think in Europe they still might think about 1-2 dates.

For example: Where the hell do they play in Vienna. Sting and Paul in a hall for only 2400 seats...oh oh.

And Paul in the football stadion - please never do that, it sounds so horrible there.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 878 ]

Erwin
Jul-04-2014, 14:56 GMT
Netherlands

In the Netherlands they will play at the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam. In Belgium they will come to Antwerp at the Sportpaleis. Both can have about 20.000 people.
If ticketprices are not to high i think it will be close to sold out.... What other venues will they do in Europe?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 867 ]

Ans
Jul-04-2014, 18:30 GMT
Netherlands

Well, nothing is confirmed yet. But I guess Ziggodome is the best option in Amsterdam. Just hope there will be big screens. When Paul performed there with the Graceland anniversary tour they only showed part of the concert on a big screen. Not nice for people who are at the back. Glad I stood at the front :)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 857 ]

Erwin
Jul-04-2014, 20:01 GMT
Netherlands

Did they use big screens on the US tour this year??

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 855 ]

Brenda
Jul-04-2014, 23:29 GMT
Australia

From the videos posted they did use big screens Erwin.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 852 ]

Bodo
Jul-08-2014, 05:09 GMT
Canada

What means part of the concert? Only a few songs? For the rest they did not use the screens?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 789 ]

Ans
Jul-08-2014, 08:21 GMT
Netherlands

They used the screens on stage which showed African images and only a small part of the performance. Ziggo Dome has their own screens but they stayed dark. Don't know what the deal was.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 784 ]

Joey
Jul-08-2014, 14:21 GMT
Canada

Ans is referring to the last PS solo tour, which featured a screen behind the stage that showed moving and still images specific to each song. At a lot of the club shows the stage was too small to include the screen. I really liked the backdrop, to be honest.

The PS/Sting tour included two video screens - one on each side of the stage (relatively high up) that showed the entire performance. I don't think the tour used any of the in-arena screens.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 777 ]

Ans  
Jul-08-2014, 16:07 GMT
Netherlands

I agree with you Joey that the backdrop was beautifully done, it fitted the anniversary tour perfect. But I know there were complaints afterwards at the Ziggo Dome performance in 2012. The expensive seating places where you look straight to the stage are too far away (they are behind the standing floor) to see the performers on stage properly.

So good news the PS/Sting tour includes two video screens, on each side, hope they will use them if they come to Europe. Australia and New Zealand can inform us about 6 months :)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 772 ]

Erwin
Jul-10-2014, 12:59 GMT
Netherlands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irmYwzibcPY
Promo clip for the concert at the end of jan 2015.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mozl4uB7o0
Interview with Sting and Paul, Perhaps this one has been posted before...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 744 ]

Ljay
Jul-10-2014, 13:21 GMT
United Kingdom

thanks for posting the videos Erwin, I hadn't seen the promo one! Gets me VERY excited! Hope we hear some more info for the Europe leg of the tour soon!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 741 ]

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4] ... [7] [8]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread