Mar-22-2014, 11:38 GMT
Belgium

5 dates 5-11 sept, on ticketmaster

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 841 ]

Simon
Oct-17-2014, 13:19 GMT
United Kingdom

Birmingham, UK, 7th Sept 14.
We went along almost out of duty, tickets were £35 so reasonable (not £420).
What a fantastic evening (plus no sign of Sting!) & probably the best live vocals you're likely to hear.
Art was in fine form & what an entertainer he is.
There were a few coughs and splutters between songs but it was near perfect, I've seen AG since 1982 & this was the best he has ever sounded.
The highlights were For Emily / Kathy's Song / 99 Miles from LA plus a brilliant Bridge Over Trouble Water (first 2 verses performed as it was originally written) that rightly earned a long standing ovation from a captivated audience.
Hopefully we'll get the resumption soon of the delayed S&G tour.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 677 ]

Richard USVI
Oct-17-2014, 14:43 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Simon -- your message makes me suspect you may be Art using a fake name! (Just kidding) I am glad Art sounded good, I wish him no harm.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 673 ]

Simon
Oct-17-2014, 16:21 GMT
United Kingdom

I must admit, we weren't expecting it to be good & I thought that just AG & a guitar could be a disaster.
I was pleased to be totally wrong, from Art...sorry Simon

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 672 ]

Michiel
Oct-18-2014, 10:59 GMT
Netherlands

If you claim that Art's voice was nearly perfect, sorry, then I do not take your texts here serious. Because anyone can hear his voice quality is far below what it has been. And I'm an Art fan as well, like I'm a Simon fan, but I rather am realistic.....

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 644 ]

Michiel
Oct-18-2014, 11:02 GMT
Netherlands

"this was the best he has ever sounded"..... Maybe your ears were not working in the last decades? :-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 644 ]

Simon
Oct-18-2014, 12:33 GMT
United Kingdom

Thank you Michiel for your comments on my hearing.
Which AG show or shows have you been to recently or perhaps you are able to make judgements just via You Tube experiences???
It seems a bit of a waste of time me writing a review....

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 642 ]

Michiel
Oct-18-2014, 15:14 GMT
Netherlands

O no, thanks for your review. It's your opinion, thanks for sharing!! I've seen Art 7 times in concert for real. Youtube sound reveals very precisely his singing quality at thus moment. If you say that his voice has never been better, then I only say that that's an unrealistic comment, since anyone hears the drop in quality.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 640 ]

Jokerman
Oct-19-2014, 20:42 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Here's a video of a very recent tv clip of Art performing Sound Of Silence to give you an idea of his vocal strength; not too bad; but still struggling a bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HcecteFuwk

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 590 ]

Klausi
Oct-20-2014, 07:59 GMT
Germany

In 1980 "Rolling Stone" wrote a concert critic: Title: "Paul Simon`s voice: Slip Sliding away".

"In songs like "American tune" his voice was horribly flat and out of tune".

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 580 ]

Michiel
Oct-20-2014, 08:55 GMT
Netherlands

Every singer has his bad days. A bad day between many good days. Unfortunately AG at this moment has many bad days, and if he has a good day then unfortunately even the good day is not a good day compared to his old days.... But nevertheless, it's brave that he is performing, and of course he is giving a lot of people, yeah even including me, a lot of fun. Even without his voice being that good.

[Like] 1 Klausi Klausi
[Reply] - [Readers: 574 ]

Klausi
Oct-20-2014, 09:07 GMT
Germany

Yes! In 2011 Paul was really convincing in his New York video recorded in one concert.

Paris 2000 was a mix of three. The third without audience.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 571 ]

Simon
Oct-20-2014, 12:01 GMT
United Kingdom

And thank goodness for You Tube, we now no longer need to go through the time & expense of going to a concert again to get the true perspective....

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 561 ]

Scaaty
Oct-20-2014, 12:56 GMT
Ireland

I heard AG on live at the palladium singing SOS - and while the original S&G sound was recognizable, he struggled with some sections.
Recently I mentioned I thought Paul sounds better than ever and was pulled up for this statement. In recent decades PS has taken voice lessons, and as a result seems to be able to control his voice better. To my ears anyway his voice generally sounds more melodic and less as if he is talking/singing. I managed to record him singing SOS at his recent concert in Dublin. I had the phone on top of the speaker in front of him on the stage (remember Ans?). Playing it back, the singing is very clear and faultless.

But then I'm tone deaf so maybe I'm talking a load of .......... :))

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 561 ]

Ans  
Oct-20-2014, 16:19 GMT
Netherlands

Yes, I remember that night very well. Paul was in very good shape. At the concerts with Sting his voice is very strong. I am looking forward to the tour in Europe to see him perform live again.

Art sounded always to sweet for my liking. I prefer the more emotive voice of Paul. And I am more a fan of live music. CP91 is my all time favourite.

[Like] 2 Scaaty , Brenda Scaaty , Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 551 ]

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread