Bottom

HeadlineFlashback: Paul Simon Reunites With Chevy Chase

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Corry  
Aug-05-2013, 13:19 GMT
Netherlands

Julie: it is a complete different one I can assure you

Bodo: is YT oké; please let me know, because I have no other way ;)

Today it is very hot here so I do not know wether I shall put them on this forum or EF: please tell me the place where you`d like I`ll put this input. Be assured the files are coming: wait and see!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 367 ]

Bodo
Aug-05-2013, 18:01 GMT
Austria

YT?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 361 ]

Julie
Aug-05-2013, 18:16 GMT
United Kingdom

You Tube ?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 361 ]

Corry
Aug-05-2013, 19:19 GMT
Netherlands

Julie and Bodo: you both are right. I shall put them on this site later this evening/night.

By the way: I have controlled but they still exist and discovered nr. 13 as the last onë: "Citizen on the planet".

We all know from this song since the "Old Friends Tour" and the Bonus track which was included. This song was more than twenty years old in that time and now reached an age of 30 years!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 360 ]

Julie
Aug-05-2013, 19:38 GMT
United Kingdom

The recording you are talking about may be already easily available. There is a cd doing the rounds already that has garfunkel's vocals on three of the tracks. Plus the live recording of american tune from Central Park has been added.

Julie
Aug-05-2013, 19:49 GMT
United Kingdom

There may still be people who have not heard them so would still be good to upload them though. I need to dig out my CD so I can have another listen!

SueR
Aug-05-2013, 19:50 GMT
Unknown

I have the 'Alternative Hearts and Bones', with Art's voice on 2 (or is it 3) of the tracks - I just need to find it, then I can confirm what I have. It's so many years ago that I had it, I can't just recall everything on it.

[Like] 1 Julie Julie
[Reply] - [Readers: 360 ]

Julie
Aug-05-2013, 20:14 GMT
United Kingdom

Just found the album on you tube....

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 358 ]

Julie
Aug-05-2013, 20:17 GMT
United Kingdom

Was going to post the links but I see that Corry has beaten me to it by seconds!

[Like] 2 Bodo, Xxxxx Bodo, Xxxxx
[Reply] - [Readers: 358 ]

Bodo
Aug-06-2013, 08:37 GMT
Austria

It is a nice idea, to think about how that album could have sounded.
I am not sure what Paul thinks today, if he regrets the idea of releasing it as a solo album. But he is right at one point: Most of these songs are not written for Simon and Garfunkel (or for Art Garfunkels voice/sound). Song about the moon would have become a nice S&G song and maybe Train in the distance.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 340 ]

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread