Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineHelp!

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Melody  
Jul-14-2013, 03:35 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Hello friends! So I have a serious problem and I need your help. So there´s a vinyl of the original Graceland album. It´s 40 dollars and I rarely have that much money. However there´s the Graceland album 25th anniversary edition for 20 dollars less.
I just want to know, what´s the difference? Is the 25th anniversary edition re-recorded or just remastered? Be as specific as possible...
Or....is it worth paying 40 dollars for the original Graceland album?
Ugh I´m so confused please help me!

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 402 ]

Håkan
Jul-15-2013, 12:08 GMT

Remastered + bonus tracks

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 365 ]

Bodo
Jul-15-2013, 15:16 GMT
Austria

you want to know why the LP costs so much?
Have no clue, maybe it's signed...or it is one of those without credits for the other bands (which no one has ever seen...?)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 355 ]

mog
Jul-15-2013, 17:29 GMT
Canada

LOL !!!

Well, the so-called return of vinyl might be the last breath of the record industry in terms of selling physical products.

Seriously, what is the logic of this, of being in retrogradation mood? It is a 'trend' that I refuse to take, knowing however that is the way for local record stores to survive unfortunately. It is unbelievable the prices that they charge for these vinyls, even if they tell us that they are of much better quality than the one made a few decades ago.

I guess it is the response to the young generation who, partly, discover all of sudden the pleasure of holding a disc in their hands, the pleasure of liner notes and nice cover/sleeves and who discover good, fatty sound after the MP3 period. But is it this generation that is actually buying records ?!

As for the Graceland vinyl, it could have a meaning since the album was released originally on that format. I saw lots of good reviews about the remaster, so I would go for it.

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/igracelandi-tw
enty-five

As for the original pressing, let's not forget that just before the vinyl hype, you could have found that at $1 in dusty boxes at your local shop of used discs...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 348 ]

Melody
Jul-16-2013, 01:28 GMT

Well, I saw that I have a record player. So why not try it out with Paul's greatest music? Anyway I don't think that my generation buys records, I'm just a twisted old school teen :)
Thanks to everyone by the way! I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy the original.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 323 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread