Mar-03-2013, 03:23 GMT
Netherlands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWzCtQhuc5M

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 740 ]

Carol
Mar-03-2013, 17:07 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Gorgeous -- thanks for sharing. Wonder if the original Cathy somewhere across the pond smiles and winks her eye when this song is played ...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 715 ]

DannyJ  
Mar-03-2013, 18:39 GMT
United Kingdom

there's a good audio version of this in the EF section :-)

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 707 ]

barb
Mar-13-2013, 00:58 GMT

what is the EF section?

I have to assume S*G has this taped also? Why do not they publish?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 653 ]

Mar-13-2013, 01:55 GMT
Netherlands

@Barb: no Simon and Garfunkel did not tape this. All versions of this song sung by both are coming from several so called "bootlegs" of their performances in the Paramount Theatre during October 1993. So this is all unofficially recorded material of their shows.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 652 ]

Mar-13-2013, 01:58 GMT
Netherlands

The term "E.F.-session" stands for Exessive Fans of Paul Simon. You have to make a request to Bodo? if you are willing to enter this session. I assume most of all material is to be found in this section.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 652 ]

barb
Mar-13-2013, 19:01 GMT

thank you "guest". I understand the tapes are from nice fans who are willing to put the videos on the web, but certainly the artists (in this case S&G,) must also have had employees etc tape their performances? So why do they not sell them? Too expensive to release?

A minor case-I am a fan of Bonanza, a TV western back in 1959-1970s. At first when I get a VCR I tape reruns from the TV (not always good quality). Then VHS tapes appear, from europe I think, I buy, then some made from fly by night companies and sold for cheap in bins and are pretty lousy many times, I still buy. Then they start to appear on youtube cause some episodes are "public domain". Anyway, much money has been spent by me so far. Now the TV producer(?) is making "official" dvds of the shows and "behind the scenes" info and pictures etc. Nice quality with closed captions and interesting. i BUY again and do other fans. So why did they (the official people" not make the "official" stuff available right away when I could have saved buying the not so good quality? I feel the same goes for S&G and Paul single and even Art. Do not they understand that fans like even "home" video stuff?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 630 ]

Mar-13-2013, 22:18 GMT
Netherlands

Hi Barb,

Simon and Garfunkel, Paul Simon and Art garfunkel are very resstrictive with their materials. I think the employees are forbidden by them to make relaeses of their stuff
- or even worse - to sell this stuff! I see you come from the USA: this country has a very strict regime. You are only able to buy their stuff from their producing compagny.

I do not want to have a discussion about their not approved materials on this site: because I do not want to harm Bodo.

I will send a P.M. to you!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 623 ]

Anthony
Apr-05-2013, 17:45 GMT

I have no idea of how to get to excessive fans , all I get
when I click on the link is one ad after another, just as
how to get pregnant fast, how to get you name it.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 543 ]

Apr-05-2013, 20:35 GMT
Netherlands

@Anthony,

Did you read the rules regarding accessing the E.F.Session? You have to do some post first before you are allowed to entrance this heavenly and secretely sector of this site.

The term "E.F.-session" stands for Exessive Fans of Paul Simon. You have to make a request to Bodo if you are willing to enter this session. I assume most of all material is to be found in this section.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 533 ]

Apr-05-2013, 20:36 GMT
Netherlands

Sorry: it was not my intention to make the smiley so big!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 533 ]

Apr-05-2013, 20:41 GMT
Netherlands

Anthony: indeed this page is filles with ads, but not the first one. This is the following link:

What is the EXCESSIVE FANS section - How do it get access?

I wish you a bunch of success with your intrance to that sector!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 532 ]

Julie
Apr-07-2013, 14:15 GMT
United Kingdom

If you click on the link you will see that you are asked not to discuss this in the forum.

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 503 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread