Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineKathy's Song covers

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Bodo
Dec-18-2012, 13:44 GMT
Austria

BTW: The story is that the real Kathy was visiting Paul on his tour in 1991 in England - so I am not sure if he did that song as an extra on that show. He was altering the setlist a little bit in 1991.

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 506 ]

Brenda
Dec-18-2012, 22:03 GMT
Australia

Yes remember Paul saying she attended one of those shows with her family . I believe it was in London. Could be he sang it then. The 1984 tour was very special. I was listening to one of them a couple of nights ago. He did talk quite a lot to the audience. Explained why he had not sang Kathy's song for years and then proceeded to sing it. I will upload the song it to the Excessive fans section .

[Like] 2 Bodo, Rosie Bodo, Rosie
[Reply] - [Readers: 501 ]

Corry  
Dec-19-2012, 00:35 GMT
Netherlands

So Brenda:quote:
. "I will upload the song it to the Excessive fans section"

I caught in a trap: when I posted my videos "you all had already seen" I really did a search for these videos before mentioning them on this side. So doing this I was read the lesson and I`ll not repeat who was getting along with this game you all played with me. So I was to blame for everything. After blaming me I saw a new topic started with .fans demanding their entrance to the "Excessive fan section" as you are doing now. What is this for a kind of forum? Yes: I made my mistakes I admitted them already 6 weeks ago. And now: the game starts again. For me - and you all should be very happy to hear so - the game is over. I do not like the games people play on this forum until today by Michiel.

And Brenda: are you Michiel`s Mum so defending him? The
posts crossed eachother and therefore I did not perceive that Michiel had answered me already. Brenda: mind your own business and I`ll mind mine!

I really HATE Paul Simon in the way he treated Art Garfunkel and he still is treating him. Art Garfunkel is the man who has deep feelings and emotions: Paul Simon does not have them at all.exept when he is being hurt by someone. No one seems to understand how painfull it must have been for Art being erased from the album and Paul called him to tell so.And: oh yes: this album was so bad in the eyes of a few members and why? The only reason I can think off is the fact that Art did a few solo-songs and they did togehter a few P.S.-song they already did during the tour And as if nothing is going wrong Paul had the guts in the same telephone call asking Art to come to Paul`s marriage with Carrie Fisscher. For me this is the ultimate prove that Paul Simon does not have any feeling for his former mate.
How harsh Paul could and - in fact - still is!

Bodo: you can delete me as a member: I really do not appriciate a membership of this forum anymore.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 499 ]

Rosie
Dec-19-2012, 01:12 GMT
Ireland

Have I missed something here? I have not seen Brenda getting in your business Corry.. If you hate Paul Simon then why are you here? Just to annoy the members? Maybe you should go join an Art Garfunkel forum.. if he has enough fans to make up one, that is..

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 498 ]

Julie
Dec-19-2012, 07:09 GMT
United Kingdom

I'm missing something too! Have some posts been deleted?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 491 ]

Brenda
Dec-19-2012, 07:26 GMT
Australia

Not to my knowledge Julie.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 490 ]

Bodo
Dec-19-2012, 10:45 GMT
Austria

Believe me, it was more painfull for Paul Simon to be the writer of all the S&G songs, to write one of the most played songs in history (Bridge over troubled water) and to see that the person who gets the most applause for it is the blond hairy big guy, the guy who gets all the love from the groupies.
It must have been extreme painfull to see that Art Garfunkel started a movie career from out of this fame, leaving his partner in New York - alone - to hopefully write the next album full of hit songs. Doing all the job alone, and your partner gets the applause and becomes a movie star.
Paul was trapped in the same thing in 1982, he wrote some of his best songs - and of course this album would have sold some more million copies as a S&G one - but what was the price for it.

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 488 ]

Bodo
Dec-19-2012, 10:47 GMT
Austria

Did so.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 488 ]

Ans
Dec-19-2012, 14:21 GMT
Netherlands

I am amazed what a short fuse Corry has.... and a limited insight in this matter. I think we were all reluctant in our comments. Corry's personal attacks are very childish.

I have an old Dutch article how Paul felt about writing the album BOTW alone when Art was busy with his film career... I translated a part of it the best I could ;-) and will upload it to the Excessive fans section, hope Corry or an alias of her won't attack me for that.... LOL

[Like] 1 Dannyj Dannyj
[Reply] - [Readers: 485 ]

DannyJ  
Dec-19-2012, 18:11 GMT
United Kingdom

I just uploaded a lovely S&G duet version of Kathy's Song to the EF section - recorded by Simon and Garfunkel, 1993-10-22 at the Paramount Theatre, NY. It's in the live performances section.

This is the only example I have heard of BOTH Simon and Garfunkel singing Kathy's song... I love it :-)

[Like] 2 Ans, Brenda Ans, Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 481 ]

Brenda
Dec-20-2012, 12:03 GMT
Australia

Thanks Ans and Danny.

[Like] 1 Ans Ans
[Reply] - [Readers: 460 ]

Brenda
Dec-20-2012, 22:57 GMT
Australia

The article gave a great insight into Paul's feelings about writing and recording BOTW Ans. No surprise he encountered the exact same problems and frustrations making Think Too Much.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 452 ]

Ans
Dec-21-2012, 19:11 GMT
Netherlands

In the early days there were a few interesting articles in the Dutch music magazine 'OOR' where Paul talked about his personal life and music career. The part about BOTW that I translated made me aware about the problems and frustrations Paul had working on the album alone. Later on in the article it was good to read that Paul was ready to move on and start a solo career.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 440 ]

Rhymin' Simon
Jan-11-2013, 14:04 GMT
United Kingdom

Just found a beautiful new cover of Kathy's Song. I really like it!

http://youtu.be/f-G9VgB40mg

[Like] 1 Jb Jb
[Reply] - [Readers: 386 ]

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread