Brenda
Sep-29-2012, 12:58 GMT
Australia

Sure Lina!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 483 ]

Brenda
Sep-29-2012, 13:01 GMT
Australia

Lina I only know that Art cancelled his appearance at Gothenburg. It was announced during the show he was ill and would not be performing. Have heard nothing about Malmo.

Erwin
Sep-29-2012, 16:09 GMT
Netherlands

Sorry i was reading it overhere so i assume it was the truth Lina. Does anybody know wich other songs Art have done and what do you think about the 2 that are posted here??

Ans
Sep-29-2012, 18:29 GMT
Netherlands

I am very sorry for Art but I think it's definitely time to retire.

Ans
Sep-29-2012, 21:20 GMT
Netherlands

Art also couldn't perform at Malmö.

http://www.sydsvenskan.se/Pages/ArticlePage.aspx?i
d=661768&epslanguage=sv&utm_source=twitter
feed&utm_medium=twitter

Translation:
Night of the Proms: Art Garfunkel did not come to the concert Night of the Proms at the Malmö Arena. See pictures.

Promoter Julius Malmström regret that Art Garfunkel because of illness did not come to the concert.

Lina K
Sep-29-2012, 22:12 GMT
Sweden

Yup. I was there.
Just as well, probably. It was a decent show , none the less. Pretty fun concept.

Scaaty
Sep-30-2012, 09:09 GMT
Ireland

Seemly Paul Simon has recently stated that he doesn't do BOTW at live shows because it was Artie's song - somebody reported that disbelievedly in another thread I think. He has in the past said something similar about ace in the hole and Richard tee.
I wonder does he know something we don't ?

Erwin
Sep-30-2012, 11:17 GMT
Netherlands

Who Knows???? But if you listen to the video's posted here this means that he is really sick at the moment or he really has lost his voice..... Than again, why would Art do concerts if he knows that his voice is not good anymore.....
So let;s just hope it is bad luck and he will do the rest of his concerts this year in the US.... If Art also does not make it at those concerts i think his performance in Sweden will be the last........

Ans
Sep-30-2012, 20:46 GMT
Netherlands

The story is getting worse. Art disapperaed without giving notice to anyone, the musicans were in place at the second night to play and didn't know where Art was.

http://www.sydsvenskan.se/kultur--nojen/art-garfun
kel-saknas/

Google translation:

Art Garfunkel missing
Culture & Entertainment.
Yesterday was Art Garfunkel have played at Malmö Arena. But he never showed up. Now it turns out that the star disappeared from the tour as early as Friday.
- We lost track after him in Gothenburg, says Julius Malmström on Julius ticket service.

UPDATED: Here you will find a new article about Garfunkel's disappearance.

There was no Art Garfunkel for visitors at Malmö Arena last night. At short notice was the American icon's involvement in the show Night of the Proms in. The reason was said to be disease but now says Julius Malmström that it could not reach Art Garfunkel since Friday. Then he would have played in Gothenburg, but just before he could get up on stage, it turned out that he was gone.

- He would have played in act two but then he was not in place. We found him at the hotel either. It is unbelievably bad. I have been in business for 40 years and never experienced anything like it, says Julius Malmström.

The Night of the Proms is also participating artists Anastacia and Sarah Dawn Finer. Therefore, could the evening at Scandinavium implemented even without the big attraction.

But when the tour company would continue to Malmö on Friday was Art Garfunkel is still gone.
- I think he went home after Gothenburg. He was in any case never to the hotel in Malmo, says Julius Malmström and says that he still managed to get in touch with Garfunkel.
- I drove with him in Gothenburg in the afternoon and then everything felt normal. He seemed healthy but not quite satisfied with his voice. It is possible that he was bad, but if you are sick one can always go to the doctor and get a certificate to his employer.

According to Julius Malmström was why they waited so long to inform the audience simply did not know where the artist was or if he would show up at the last minute.
- His music was in place and ready, but they did not know anything. He did not come to anyone.

How do you think Art Garfunkel have handled this?
- Giant Poor. Not least for his own part. He is an icon in the industry and it is sad if he'll finish his career like this.

According to Julius Malmström ticket buyers will be compensated. In what way is not decided but it will not be any talk about getting back the entire fare.

- Absolutely not. Night of the Proms is not just a concert with Art Garfunkel. Art would sing three songs out of 24 and Måns Zelmerlöw handled it very well and got everyone to sing "Angel Dog" instead.

If you come out with this before, and you then have the option to not go to the concert, they had then received the money back?
- No. As I said, we have sold tickets to the Night of the Proms. Therefore, it had not helped to go out and warn either.

Lina K
Sep-30-2012, 21:25 GMT
Denmark

This was a very very sad read :(

Erwin
Sep-30-2012, 21:40 GMT
Netherlands

This is really sad! His next concert is scheduled for oktober 4. Let us wait and see..........

Brenda
Sep-30-2012, 23:51 GMT
Australia

It is unbelievable that Art would fail to appear and not contact the organizers of the show. He could be in a very distressed state of mind.

Scaaty
Oct-01-2012, 01:51 GMT
Ireland

This is all very sad - hopefully there is a simple explanation an something just got lost in translation .

Håkan
Oct-01-2012, 07:58 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Humiliating and sad... and extremely bad handled by Garfunkel himself! Now he appears on the newspaper's billposter as big news. Not for his music, but since he has behaved like an ass. The news has even spread to American Newspapers. Not specially good for his reputation... "Unprofessional" is word that springs into my mind.

Lina K
Oct-01-2012, 11:16 GMT
Sweden

Who knows what his reasons are, but the outcome is so wrong for everybody involved. Miscommunication or not, he should have informed people properly and been honest and frank about his reasons.

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread