www.paul-simon.info 
The neck of my Guitar

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineFilm and Aftertalk at Tuschinski Amsterdam July 19, 2012.

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Ans
Jul-20-2012, 04:33 GMT
Netherlands

It was great to see the film on big screen and the aftertalk was very good. Paul talked a lot and it was great to see Ray, John, Isaac, Barney and Hugh in the audience, they watched the film and later they joined the aftertalk, this happened spontaneous. There are some videos of the Aftertalk on youtube channel from DeKuijp. They mentioned that the film Under African Skies is nominated for 3 Emmy´s.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DeKuijp

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 327 ]

Elisabeth  
Jul-20-2012, 08:02 GMT
Netherlands

Thanks for posting this Ans, very nice to see!
Hopefully the whole event will be broadcasted on television later this year. Just wait and see....
Thanks again!

Michiel
Jul-20-2012, 19:28 GMT
Netherlands

No the event in Tuschinsky will not be broadcast later this year, as it unfortunately was not recorded for TV. If people here are interested I can upload 3D photo's and even video from the Tuschinsky event in the next week(s).. You do need to have red/cyan 3D glasses in order to see the 3D.

Wim
Jul-20-2012, 20:45 GMT
Netherlands

After the show in Tuschinski I had by the exit at the back the opportunity to shake Paul’s hand. At last!

https://http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1
51258311677565.32856.100003801919212&type=1&am
p;l=db4b9a276a

Brenda
Jul-21-2012, 00:23 GMT
Australia

A great ending to the night for you Wim. Your photos are great! Thank you for sharing them.

Michiel
Jul-21-2012, 08:48 GMT
Netherlands

If anyone is interested in the 3D just let me know. Great pic, Wim!

Ans
Jul-21-2012, 09:03 GMT
Netherlands

That's great Wim, nice pictures and review. You had the best birthday present ever!

Wim
Jul-21-2012, 10:13 GMT
Netherlands

Indeed. I like to see the pictures Michiel.

Brenda
Jul-21-2012, 12:06 GMT
Australia

I am also interested Michiel

Elisabeth  
Jul-21-2012, 12:09 GMT
Netherlands

Me to Michiel!

Bjoern  
Jul-21-2012, 12:25 GMT
Germany

The concert in A'dam was fantastic! And I'm so happy i had the chance to meet Barney, Isaac and Ray in front of the Tuschinski got autographs and a picture with them. And then Hugh Masekela came too and he is so hearty and kind - we walked arm-in-arm and i said that I love his music and then he gave me an autograph with a personal message just before they all had to go to see the movie. It was amazing!!!

Bjoern
Jul-21-2012, 13:28 GMT
Germany

P.S.: It was interesting to see, that nobody else than me recognized Barney, Isaac, Ray and Hugh. Everybody where obviously so focused on Paul.

Michiel
Jul-22-2012, 10:51 GMT
Netherlands

Oh I recognised them, like a few others...

Ans
Jul-22-2012, 11:11 GMT
Netherlands

@Bjoern, were you able to get tickets for the Film and Aftertalk. I remember your post that you were too late. I hope you got one.

Bjoern
Jul-22-2012, 13:07 GMT
Germany

@Ans: No I didn't got some tickets, because I have no creditcard i couldn't buy a ticket via internet. And at the boxoffce there where no tickets left of course. Then I had a chance to get a ticket from private in front of the theatre, but until 10 p.m. i had to go to campsite getting my tent before the bus depature at 11 p.m. (thats because the locker at the busstation required cretidcard for use - No coins). Again the problem with having no creditcard. So I had no chance. But it's ok for me. I have already seen the film (i have it on DVD of course).
But did anybody ask Paul about the CP91 DVD. I really hope it will come out some day, because my VHS is in bad quality after so many years.

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread