www.paul-simon.info 
The neck of my Guitar

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineDaily Gazette reporter looking for fans going to Albany, NY show on June 10

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Mike Lisi, Daily Gaz 
May-17-2004, 16:20 GMT
IP:
USA - United Staates America

Hi! My name is Mike Lisi, and I´m the music writer/critic for The Daily Gazette, a 60,000-circ newspaper in Albany, NY. I´m looking for fans who are heading to the S&G show at the Pepsi Arena on June 10 for a preview on the concert, which is going to be huge!

Please call me toll-free at 800-262-2211 ext. 3198 or e-mail me at [email protected]. My deadline for the story is May 25, so I need to hear from you soon.

Thanks so much,

Mike

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 336 ]

Bodo
May-17-2004, 16:42 GMT
IP:
Austria

Mike, your newspaper doesn´t give you free tickets?
Shame ;-)

BTW, reviews can be found immediately after the show here in the LIVE section

miriam
May-17-2004, 19:07 GMT
IP:
Germany

If you´ll pay me ticket, flight and hotel, I´d be very happy to come over *lol*

Nathgertsch
May-18-2004, 09:12 GMT
IP:
France

Don´t dream, Miriam ! :-)
But I´m surprised a newspaper can´t pay a ticket for its journalists !

Bodo
May-18-2004, 09:14 GMT
IP:
Austria

Normaly journalists go for free and can listen to the first 3 songs in front of the stage to make some pictures (in front of row 1)

Nathgertsch
May-18-2004, 09:47 GMT
IP:
France

yes and they can easily have backstage passes too :-)

Bodo
May-18-2004, 10:20 GMT
IP:
Austria

Thats why I want to become a photographer

Nathgertsch
May-18-2004, 12:17 GMT
IP:
France

Really ? I hope it´s not the only reason :-) but you are right : it´s a great job when it´s a passion ! Some years ago, I had a trainee in Paris as photographer (I was in Public Relations at that time) with a man working with models and it was a great experience !

Bodo
May-18-2004, 12:25 GMT
IP:
Austria

Yes, I´ll try to change my job. I don´t like to work as a computer programmer any longer. It´s a good paid job but it´s not any fun.

At the time I´m making my first photograph course, and in summer again for 1 week, and it´s really interesting.
I hope one day I find a way to earn some money with it. I´m not interested in working with model´s, I would like to become a travel-photographer (my dream would be to work for a magazine like National Geographics...)

Nathgertsch
May-18-2004, 12:37 GMT
IP:
France

I did not work with models neither but it was that man´s job and he has learnt me the different technics of photography from the shot to the pic itself.
Of course, now, with the new technologies, many things have changed... :-)
Good luck for this new direction you´re gonna take and you are surely right to take it once it´s still time !

Bodo
May-18-2004, 13:03 GMT
IP:
Austria

Thanks Nathalie

Yes at the time the new technology is really a problem, because no one really seems to know if it´s time to change now (to digital) or later. I don´t want to start buying expensive Old analog equipment now, when in 1 year everyone uses digital cameras - and on the other side all photographers say that at the time the digital cameras aren´t good enough.

Nathgertsch
May-18-2004, 17:11 GMT
IP:
France

Concerning pics, I am still really attached to my Old Nikon camera :-)and I only use the digital one when I need to have the pic immediately and when it is not supposed to be an artistic one. But that the same old debate then between cds and vinyls... :-)

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread