IP:
Austria

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 283 ]

Ans
May-08-2004, 17:33 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

The ticket prices were very high too back then. $300 for obstructed view, only be able to see one third of the stage, that sounds not fair at all.

But reading this review it must have been a great concert with 35 musicians and the variation of the performance, first S&G, than Paul joined by Ladysmith Black Mambazo and Phoebe Snow and some back vocal singers. Than Garfunkel came back with Bridge and they closed together with The Sound Of Silence.

Bodo
May-08-2004, 17:57 GMT
IP:
Austria

That was an incredible show. It had everything - ALL musicians with wich Paul ever played. It wasn´t a S&G show, it was a Paul Simon and friends concert.

I don´t think 300$ was the regular price, I guess he bought these tickets at one of these ticket dealers.
I would Love to see one of these shows anyway - the 2004 tour should be like 1993, including everything Paul ever did. It´s so strange to see him today only singin very Old songs.. even in 1982/83 he played his biggest hit´s.

Ans
May-08-2004, 18:35 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Yes, when I look at the Concert In The Park ´91 and the You´re The One tour, and then see these clips from the Old Friends tour.... he looks very different....

It looks like they made a show for more older people, the fans of S&G in the sixties, but Paul has become a lot of new fans since then, who Love his solo work.
But if Paul does some solo hits, then Art wants to do some solo stuff too of course, and then it´s not an Old Friends tour anymore I guess.

Bodo
May-08-2004, 21:11 GMT
IP:
Austria

I really hope our Paul has a ´comeback´ this fall...

I´m still asking myself why Paul didn´t perform ´Song For The Asking´ on all concerts i thnk it has something to do with the fact that Art doesn´t have to do anything during that song, while Paul is singin and play´s guitar. The song is much better than ´Leaves That Are Green´ IMO, it would give the concert a nice little bit sad mood at the end, before they end with ´Feelin Groovy´

Ans
May-09-2004, 08:58 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Well, I read today in an interview of Art that they will finish the tour in Rome, outside the Coliseum and that he starts another leg of his European walks in the Alps along the Border of France and Italy.

Let´s hope that the -announced- date nov 1 2004, Paul will release his new solo album.

Bodo
May-09-2004, 10:54 GMT
IP:
Austria

HM, reminds me a little bit on 1983 or? Wasn´t Art also walking trough Europe that time and Paul recording Hearts And Bones?

Iya
May-09-2004, 11:59 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

I think he was walking across America at that time.

yvonne
May-09-2004, 14:19 GMT
IP:
Ireland

well if the album is as good as H&B that´ll be great. Tickets for S&G go onsale in Dublin on thur. They´re playing in the same venue as 22 years ago when I first saw them. the tickets were £11 pounds then, weekly rent in bedsit £20. has anyone tried getting half price if they just want to see Paul??

Bodo
May-09-2004, 14:54 GMT
IP:
Austria

LOL. I tried but Garfunkel always jumped into my sight.

Greg B
May-10-2004, 07:02 GMT
IP:
Canada

Art was walking around Europe and concocting vocal harmonies for "Think Too Much", the planned S&G album that became Paul´s brilliant "H&B".

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread