Bottom

HeadlineMACCA

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Bodo
May-06-2004, 11:04 GMT
IP:
Austria

Paul MC Cartney is learning 11 languages simultaneous at the time.

For his next Europe tour (starting this summer) Paul Mc Cartney is learning the main words and sentences of all the countries his tour will visit. He had 11 teachers and is learning russina, swedisch, czech, spanisch, french, german... and more. He is doing that because he want´s to speak to his fan´s personaly everywhere.

Well, now my question is - what will S&G do for their fan´s? :-) They talk a lot during their show. Always the exakt same words and sentences so they could either learn the sentences in other languages, use a tape, speak in english (well but most people don´t understand Paul´s souther Texas accent now..) or they simply don´t speak...

Or they could hire a translator for every show if it doesn´t blast the budget.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 241 ]

Jimmie
May-06-2004, 12:21 GMT
IP:
Sweden

I´m going to see Macca in Gothenburg the 12/6 It´s gonna be wonderful.. I actually think of NOT seeong S&G in Stockholm.. too expensive.. I just wanna cry.

Nathgertsch
May-06-2004, 12:50 GMT
IP:
France

Paul´s southern Texas accent ? LOL ! Edie has made him change alot : maybe too many holydays in Texas or his mother-in-law spends too much time at their place ! ;-)

BingFrisby
May-06-2004, 19:06 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Speaking of S&Gs budget. I read that their shows had one of the lowest production costs of all the major artists that toured last year. I think that is great. They don´t get lost in lighting spectaculars or over produced special effects.A classic example of the phrase "less is more".The America montage wasjut perfect to set the atmosphere....then, without introduction they appeared from the shadows...brilliant!

Jimmie
May-07-2004, 01:18 GMT
IP:
Sweden

Then why in gods name do they have to charge so much in ticket prices???

Bodo
May-07-2004, 08:27 GMT
IP:
Austria

Still a wonder that they had a video screen , yeah ;-)

Bodo
May-07-2004, 08:40 GMT
IP:
Austria

Ehm, because the scalpers do so.

15 years ago - ticket costed 30 Euros, scalpers sell it for 45 and have been happy.
Then the concert managers thought, uh, that´s our 45 Euros, let´s rise the ticket prices to 45. No problem for the scalpers, they can also take 80 Euros.
80 Euros hahaha, we too.

So nowadays the ticket costs ~150 - 180 Euros, the scalpers take 300 and make much more profit than ever.

I don´t have a clue why this is allowed, there are discussion groups on ebay from these ticket dealers, what a great profit they have (from doing nothing)
Even the law is on their site.
Example:
1) Normaly you have a right to give back your item in the next 2 weeks (also on ebay, yes) - but NOT for tickets (that´s not an ebay rule, that´s the normal regular law)
2) If the artist thinks "Oh, now I have enough money, and if I really think about it I hate my music-partner... I´ll cancel all shows" then the scalper only has to give you back the amount written on the ticket!! LOL

Maybe someone should do something against these law´s? No?

Well, I wrote to munich-ticket a few day´s ago and asked why is this allowed? To sell tickets with 100% profit on ebay (I thought always that this is illegal - to sell tickets at the venu is or?)
They said they can´t answer my question. People paying these prices on ebay are stupid they said, but they are doing it...

And as long as S&G want 2 million $ per night they are not better than the scalpers.
Excuse me, 2 MILLION DOLLARS for 1 1/2 hour singin, PEOPLE VISITING IT AND PAYING ... ah I will not say more.

Bruce Springsteen play´s 3 1/2 hour for half the money, Mc Cartney play´s 2 hours 40 Minutes for half the money.
For me it´s simply not worth to visit their shows, even Paul alone play´s longer (and has more hit´s)

Iya
May-07-2004, 09:18 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

It´s ridiculous, really. The thing is, as long as ticket-service allows people to buy 20 tickets at a time, people will go on dealing. Why not limit the amount of tickets further? For example, 4 tickets a person would be enough if you ask me!

Bodo
May-07-2004, 09:39 GMT
IP:
Austria

I also think so.
Well on ticketmaster in America they also say you can only order a limited number of tickets - but it was no problem for me to make 2 orders (same category) in a few seconds...

Also these ticket dealers have special arrangements with the concert managers I think (same as simonandgarfunkel.com have) They always get the BEST tickets. I didn´t have any clue how to get a ticket in the first 40 row´s there, except scalpers and ebay.

In Germany it will be the same in a few years. Good tickets only for rich people, good medicine - only for rich. That is free marketing, but I can´t agree with it in every detail...

The only thing which would help is to forbid any pre-sales. People should wait at the concert entry for a few hours and get better tickets when they wait longer.

And DON´T BUY TICKETS ON ebay if they are more expensive than face value.

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread