Bottom

HeadlineSong Contest

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Bodo 
Apr-30-2004, 13:37 GMT
IP:
Austria

:-) Today I heard the most stupid thing ever about this funny songcontest we have in Europe. I didn´t know that there is a time limit - no song is allowed to be longer than exactly 3 minutes :-P

That´s so stupid... not even that ALL songs are just idiotic. Can you imagine Paul Simon playing a song at the song contest, and arguing with some producers there? LOL

"What do you mean, my song is too long??"

"Only 3 minutes are allowed.."

"I can´t write a song that way... you know, I´m writing the songs, I am the author. I´m starting from my imagination, then I create the sound, and at least the lyrics"

"Ok, thats very uncommon.. we have to look if this is allowed...but 3 minuts ok"

"Eh? I never thought abouth the length..how long is my song?"

"5 Minutes and 10 seconds"

"I will play another song okay"

"No that´s not allowed, that´s against the rules. You can´t change the song 1 hour before the show - you have to practice it..20 times"

"What is allowed?"

"Well, you could fade out the song..in the middle of the 2nd verse..ok?"

"NO, NEVER... then the whole story doesn´t make any sence!"

"What.. what story? What do you mean?"

"Well the story about Lorraine and her husband, their live...and she dies at the end"

"We....well thats our 2nd problem..we think thats too complicated, can you just sing ´Darling Lorraine´ without the rest..that..that ´story´ or how you call it? People like that if you sing the titel very often we can sell it better...the people will remember the name"

"So I should only sing ´Darling Lorrain..Darling Lorrain...Darling Lorrain´ ?? "

"Yeah..yeah great... and the ´uuuhh and oouuh thing"

"And 3 minutes.."

"3:00 minutes exactly.. we will play the beat faster so you don´t have to change the music, people like that too.. ..boo pupupu boo pupupu"

"Are you sure this will work"

"It works, perfectly! 350 million people watch this show and buy the songs"

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 281 ]

Søren
Apr-30-2004, 13:56 GMT
IP:
Denmark

Well, there is another stupid rule, I guess you haven´t heard of either:
It´s NOT allowed to fade out a song in the Eurovision Song Contest.
I think it´s actually a quite funny contest - but surely it has nothing to do with real music...

Bodo
Apr-30-2004, 14:13 GMT
IP:
Austria

I´m curious what they will do with the Austrian song this year.
The song is 8 seconds too long :-)
Now the 2nd placed band is trying to sue them...the world is so stupid sometimes you can´t even imagine.
We have court´s today where people sue other ones because there song is 8 seconds too long :-)

Bodo
Apr-30-2004, 14:26 GMT
IP:
Austria

Next problem for Paul:

Each act may consist of a maximum of six people on stage.

:- Ok but he doesn´t need Steve, Alain, Vincent and Tony because

Artists shall perform live on stage, accompanied by a recorded backing-track without vocals of any kind or any vocal imitations.

Artists may make a written request to the Host Broadcaster to have a drum kit, and/or grand piano, available on stage. Such written request must be made at the latest by the Heads of Delegation meeting, March 22 2004.
"Sorry, ca I have a drum kit for my 4 drummers :-) "

Oh I´m so unhappy... Paul will not win the European Songcontest, no - he will never be allowed to participate. (puh)

:-P

Ans
Apr-30-2004, 14:31 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

ROFL, great story;-))

Nathgertsch
Apr-30-2004, 17:41 GMT
IP:
France

LOL ! Anyway, he is not allowed to participate as he´s not European... :-P (well, even if to represente France, we have often had singers from... Québec ! LOL ! But eveybody knows we wouldn´t have any French singers anymore in France without the singers from Québec ;-))

BingFrisby
Apr-30-2004, 18:31 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Hey, Bodo, the song contest/song length reminds me of when Paul Simon was playing "I Am A Rock" live on "ready steady go" in England. The producer of the show told him he HAD to cut the song short to allow for time limits or whatever. Paul started the song and carried on playing the entire song, despite the producer´s orders and they had to roll the end credits over him singing at the end. Simon was never one to conform to the stupid rules of little men with titles or idle threats. I suppose a repeat of this stern, solid attitude Paul has was when he was threatened by hot air when playing in South Africa on the Graceland tour. (I have never seen the Ready Steady Go footage....only read the story)

Thomas
Apr-30-2004, 18:52 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

About the european songfestival, we (The Netherlands) have a very, very bad song...........

I think we gonna win!!!!! LOL :-)

BingFrisby
Apr-30-2004, 19:52 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Ha !!

Nathgertsch
May-01-2004, 09:24 GMT
IP:
France

Lucky ones ! ;-)

Micky
May-03-2004, 02:18 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Very funny Bodo, liked that. I think the Eurovision Song Contest is just mad..lol And always has been. I don´t know much about the rules though, but I can imagine them being as mad as the show lol.

Anyway, they´d never have Paul, he´d be too good and no one else would get a look in ;-)

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread