HeadlineSong question

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Dina
Apr-27-2004, 18:39 GMT
IP:
Sweden

Hi all!

I´m new here and first of all I want to thank Bodo for this wonderful site! Keep it going!

Then I´m wondering if someone could upload mp3s of Thelma, Ten Years and Stranded In A Limousine? Or do you guys know where I can get those (or just listen to them)? I´ve never heard those PS songs before and I would be so happy if I could listen to them!
I Love those demo songs btw!

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 256 ]

Marieno
Apr-27-2004, 19:15 GMT
IP:
France

Welcome Dina on this beautiful site!!!
You can find "Thelma" on the PS anthology 1964-1993, "Stranded In A Limousine" on the PS greatest hits etc and "Ten years" on (i don´t have the whole title in head)the Carnival album; the song was written for the 10 years of the Oprah Winfrey show...but you can also find these songs on Kazaa...i know it is not allowed to download music, it is "piracy" but after all, with their tour, S&G carry out a hold-up in their fans´s wallet...

Brandy
Apr-28-2004, 21:02 GMT
IP:
Canada

Oh no . . . don´t download it, any of Paul´s or Art´s music is worth the money . . . they work hard for the music they make, don´t steal it! If you don´t want to pay hundreds of dollars for a concert ticker, then don´t go, but don´t use that as an excuse to rob them of the money they rightfully deserve for their songs!

Marieno, honestly! I never thought I´d hear a die-hard Paul fan say such a thing! *shakes head and sighs*

Marieno
Apr-29-2004, 07:14 GMT
IP:
France

Brandy, i´m against piracy... but for 3 songs, i don´t believe it will ruin Paul (i know, you will say that if everybody made the same...)...and you can see that, first of all, i gave the name of the albums where Dina could find these songs...
And don´t worry, i BOUGHT and will BUY all his official albums in official stores...i believe that, as a "die-hard fan", i spent and so gave him many money...

Bodo
Apr-29-2004, 10:17 GMT
IP:
Austria

Hm, I don´t have them on the website because they are officialy released, that´s true - but on the other hand also all other mp3´s on this site are in a grey zone. (some are available if you spend a 100$ on buying CD´s)

But to be honest, the only song from these 3 I for myself ever bought was Thelma because it´s on the Anthology album´s.

Stranded In A Limousine is not available on CD AFAIK (but I got it as a bootleg), and for Ten Years you have to buy an album called Carnival where you don´t know if you like the rest of the songs - and it´s not available anymore (or at the moment, they only sell used ones on amazon)
amazon

So I think there speaks nothing against it to download these songs somewhere, simply because Paul Simon doesn´t do anything to publish these songs to the full audience. (same like the horrible management of Father and daughter 1 year ago)
You´r best chance to get them is maybe to wait for the re-release of all studio albums (read about it in the news section) - but I´m not sure if these songs will be as bonus tracks on the CD´s AND I´m definately not paying 60$ or more for 9 album´s I already own to get 4 or 5 more songs. Someone will make a compilation of these rare songs and trade them.
Wrong release-management IMO if they do so, and they only simply want to have our cash.
Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel have enough money, they earned 2 million $ every night last fall and I expected more for my 250$

Bodo
Apr-29-2004, 10:22 GMT
IP:
Austria

Well, they used their ´new friendship´ as an excuse to rob 250$ per concert ticket from us.

IMO everyone get´s the financial respect he belongs.

BTW from the concert ticket you pay the get around 70% I guess, so around 180$. If you buy the Carnival CD Paul get´s nothing, Greatest Hit´s etc is not available and the Anthology (3CD´s) isn´t simply worth it for 1 song.

Marieno
Apr-29-2004, 18:59 GMT
IP:
France

Well said, Bodo...

BingFrisby
Apr-30-2004, 18:43 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Bodo, What do you mean when you say "THEY" using their new friendship to rob us? Who are THEY?
I hope you don´t mean S&G. Also where do you feel you didn´t get value? Surely the revenue a performer makes in the world of music is small change compared to the record companies. I thought the concert was fantastic.

bodo
May-02-2004, 15:58 GMT
IP:
Austria

compared to every other artist touring in 2003 s&g had the weakest and shrtest show and the cheapest stage. So where ddid they invest anything? There was no value

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread