Bottom

HeadlineTour

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

Iya
May-03-2004, 09:37 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

I, being a S&G fan in the first place, would never pay 200 euros for a Paul Simon show. But on the other hand, I would never pay 200 euros for a S&G show either! Let´s face it, they don´t sound like they did 40 or even 30 years ago, so who do they think they are, charging such amounts of money for a ticket?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 278 ]

Søren
May-03-2004, 10:30 GMT
IP:
Denmark

Where do you get these prices from???
Is 150-200 Euros just a wild (and very negative, I might add) guess or do you know something I don´t?

Most of the shows on the second leg of the US tour that have tickets for sale right now has prices in the range 50-185 US dollars, which is pretty far from having to pay 200 Euros, don´t you think?

I agree that a fair price would be around 60-80 Euros, but lets not be too negative, folks...

Bodo
May-03-2004, 11:04 GMT
IP:
Austria

Well, I have also seen that they are doing it now for less money. You know, they visiting a lot of same city´s now as last fall... so they prices fall.
If they tour on in 2005 and 2006 they will reach a normal level, because the hype of "I´ll never have the chance to see them again" is over then.
Anyway, I´ve spend my 250$ Dollars last fall because I bevlieved this hype, but for me it wasn´t worth the money. They didn´t harmonize. The fan´s tought so and on the ´cleaned´ DVD we will hear it so I´m sure, but on most of the bootlegs you can hear that they sounded very rough. Well, thats my opinion (and some critical journalists have it too)

ernst
May-03-2004, 17:04 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

well....in another thread it sead england on july 17, official concertpromoter mojo, netherlands, just announced. s&g + everly borothers to play the amsterdam, arena (football stadium) on july 21 !!! look for more on this; http://www.mojo.nl/agenda/evenement.asp?pid=457

njoy! i will, on-sale, this saturday (also on sale, my lovely heather nova @ the paradiso, 5+6 july!!!)

BingFrisby
May-03-2004, 22:01 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

BODO....NOBODY EVER ERECTED A STATUE TO A CRITIC!! Critics are not talented enough to perform or write...so they do the next worst thing....criticise.It may be your site, my friend, but you are very negative in all manner of details.Let´s hear some positive things from you, such as what did you like best about the S&G show that you went to? What was the atmosphere like, or do you go for a technical studio performance?If so, best stay home and listen to a disc!...and while I am here speaking to you, have you got the answer to my Johns Hopkins question?

Bodo
May-04-2004, 08:36 GMT
IP:
Austria

Man, it´s my opinion ok? This is a Paul Simon fanpage, not S&G - that´s a big difference.

A critic has one really good thing - he stand´s (mostly) outside the fan community.

Iya
May-04-2004, 09:44 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

I have this feeling that BingFrisby-type is not to be taken too seriously. He/she´s just a tiny little bit annoying if you ask me...

BingFrisby
May-04-2004, 17:37 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Fair answer, Bodo. Hello, by the way....nice to meet you finally.

mark
May-05-2004, 14:53 GMT
IP:
Belgium

it is true that a PS solo concert is better. I was in NY and have seen the S&G concert, but I will go see them again in europe because PS is worth it. He can make it special.

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread