Bottom

HeadlineTour

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

Pwernt
May-01-2004, 17:05 GMT
IP:
USA - United Staates America

WOW. His solo gig´s tix are like 30 bucks. This is crazy. I saw Garfunkle for 27 bux. But over 300$?!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 216 ]

Nathgertsch
May-01-2004, 18:04 GMT
IP:
France

I am happy to know that you are rich enough to spend such a crazy amount of money for just a concert but think a bit of the fans who can´t afford it (or who are intelligent enough not to spend so much money for just a show !)And how can you compare the amount of money you must spend for food with a ticket for a concert ? It´s a real insult for people who can hardly eat enough. I think there are priorities for many people in life and food is one of them. Not a ticket concert in my opinion.
Now, sorry but even if I can afford it, I feel bad and stupid spending such an amount of money for juts a show...

Bodo
May-01-2004, 18:37 GMT
IP:
Austria

tststs

absolut wrong Bing.
The real problem is that the TRUE fan´s maybe CAN´T go to a concert, becaus it´s TOO EXPENSIVE.
At the concert´s in the USA i only saw mid 50´s people, rich enough to invent their partner to this show. Not a lot of young people, not a lot of true fan´s, just Old people who remembered that in their 60´s there was a band called Simon and Garfunkel

Bodo
May-01-2004, 18:38 GMT
IP:
Austria

Garfunkel for 27, Simon for 45,makes together 300..absolute clear or? :-)

Iya
May-01-2004, 18:50 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Thank you very much BingFrisby! Being unemployed myself, I just can´t afford a S&G ticket. That doesn´t mean I don´t WANT to go, however! But if I have to choose between buying one ticket of, say, 150 $, or being able to eat for at least four weeks, I know what I´d do. And I don´t think that makes me a lesser fan than you, Mr big spender!

Marieno
May-01-2004, 21:02 GMT
IP:
France

Hey BingFrisby, are you Paris Hilton? you should learn to live in the REAL world...

BingFrisby
May-01-2004, 22:29 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Bodo, it´s not about the cost. I know a fan who saved for a long time so that he could go to the Florida show, from England. It is a case of "there is no way I am not going" from this fan. Marieno, the real world is that if you want to go you will go. People talk in here as if they are 16th century peasants...they are not. The point is, why be a fan and moan about the price of a ticket? And Bodo, I can´t see your point that only people Old enough to remember the 60s have money these days.Lots of younger people were at the US show that I went to...in fact all age groups were there.All of you are sat in front of a computer system that cost you many hundreds of pounds, Euros or whatever...where does the money for that come from?Same place as the money for the tour!Do you not consider a Simon and Garfunkel concert is worth whatever price you have to pay? Might be the last time you get to see them.Can´t see a tour happening after this one has finished.Am I getting some people a little upset here? Don´t mean to but the real fact is you have to pay the price or you don´t get to see them.I hope you all do get to go to at least one concert, you deserve to.Then when you come home you can get hold of the very concert that you went to."That is worth something if you think about it....that is worth some money..."

BingFrisby
May-01-2004, 22:48 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

lya, There are plenty of opportunities to get up and make the money, don´t you think?You don´t let it happen TO you - you make it happen FOR you.Get online and get your ticket booked....then you have the goal to get the money....and don´t forget to come online and tell us how much you enjoyed it.(the tickets, by the way, are like gold-dust).So it´s better to get one early than to pay 4 or 5 times the face value later.I really hope you get to go...

bodom
May-02-2004, 15:52 GMT
IP:
Austria

no, they arent worth it. they take what the market givs them at the moment. s&g are not worth 250 or more. they say they do it for their fans but they nly do this tur for the money. why dnt they take 80 or 100 $? where is the difference for paul and art?

bodom
May-02-2004, 15:53 GMT
IP:
Austria

lya come , rob a bank, marry someone rich, come on, destroy your life to see these guys

BingFrisby
May-02-2004, 16:37 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Simon & Garfunkel ARE worth every penny paid to go and see them. The two finest blending voices in the history of music. Simon is the best accomanying guitarist you will see (or maybe, in some cases,JUST HEAR)Plus some of the best session players up on stage with them.What do you want them to do....play a series of benefit concerts for the half-hearted fan?....or play for people willing to pay the price?Bodo, my fiend, you have a pretender to your good name in the room.An alternative is to see if Paul Simon can be re-booked to play the pub in Warrington, England, as he did in the 1960s when he was paid £12...do you think he doesn´t deserve his money nowadays?These guys aren´t doing it for the money.Paul Simon earned around 7 million dollars in 1970 just from royalties off cover versions of Bridge Over Troubled Water..If Simon did it for the money it can be guaranteed that he would not be packing arenas around the world to this day, he would have churned out tin pan ally crap instead of taking 4 or 5 years to craft a classic album.Stand outside one of the venues in Europe that they are going to play at and tell those fans of all ages that they are not worth the money.Happy days to you all. Enjoy the concerts.

Nathgertsch
May-02-2004, 17:30 GMT
IP:
France

To marry a rich man would be spoiling her life ? ;-)

Anna 
May-02-2004, 18:30 GMT
IP:
Sweden

How many people here smokes daily?

David
May-02-2004, 22:41 GMT
IP:
Germany

Er......should we not star moaning about the prices of the tickets until they have been announced? I paid ?150 (regular price) for Rolling Stones tickets last summer, so I don´t think we should just moan at S&G. And if those tickets are then sold for twice that on ebay then good luck to the sellers. But the "official" prices will be not much more than the single concerts and no more than other big stars ticket prices. So relax everybody. Don´t get all upset yet. Wait until the prices are announced. Officially announced.

Bodo
May-03-2004, 08:15 GMT
IP:
Austria

Eh 150 Euros for the Stones? Where?

I never heard of such expensive tickets (except on ebay). Definately wouldn´t go for that price.
For me everything now depends on the price, a 2nd S&G concert with the same setlist and same sentences is not worth more than 60 Euros for me. That´s life.

And to make an amen under this thread - I´am a Paul Simon fan, not S&G. Please see that difference, who of you S&G fans would pay 200 Euros for a Paul Simon solo show?

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread