Bottom

HeadlineMultimedia Download Concerts

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

CmC
Apr-16-2004, 17:52 GMT
IP:
Canada

Is the Washington show a "cleaned up" version? Did anyone get around to fixing it up? I know it was mentioned on here but I couldn´t find the posted results. :-)

Also, I think this trading idea amongst us is a great idea with lots of potential!

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 268 ]

Jimmie
Apr-16-2004, 21:27 GMT
IP:
Sweden

Yes It´s the cleaned up version.. I´m listening to the Atlanta show right now.. that one is even better.. a better performance

BingFrisby
Apr-17-2004, 00:46 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Hi, CmC.The trading works very well and is very efficient.If you are looking to trade Simon & Garfunkel rarities E mail me [email protected]

BingFrisby
Apr-17-2004, 00:47 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Sorry CmC my typing error my E mail is [email protected]

BingFrisby
Apr-17-2004, 00:49 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

CmC another typing error My E mail is [email protected] that is definately THE RIGHT one!! :))

BingFrisby
Apr-17-2004, 00:55 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Just want to say thanks to Bodo for sharing the Atlanta show....absolutely fantastic. I am particularly looking for the S&G Madison Sq Garden, NYC concert 3rd Dec 2003.If anyone has it I would appreciate trading it.Could anyone in the forum who went to any of the Old Friends Tour concerts in the US or Canada post up which ones you were at (I ask purely out of interest)

Sumit 
Apr-17-2004, 05:53 GMT
IP:
Australia

Is it just me or was the performance of "The Boxer" in Washington rather strange. It seems as though Art and Paul were singing totally out of whack. It must be the sound or reverberation or something like that...

Bodo
Apr-17-2004, 11:39 GMT
IP:
Austria

I was at Miami

BingFrisby
Apr-17-2004, 16:22 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Hi, Bodo.Miami, WOW! Hope all the recent tour boolegs surface. I know there are many out there. The ones I have seen so far are-Wilkes-Detroit-Cleveland-Chicago(2 shows)-Denver Co-Seattle-Portland-San Diego-All 3 MSG shows-East Rutherford-Washington-Miami-Sunrise FL-Tampa Fl.
I am hopeful of rounding these up over the next few months.At least these shows are out there so it is highly likely that they will show up on the same site as the Wasington-Atlanta shows.

Bodo
Apr-17-2004, 16:43 GMT
IP:
Austria

Well, I have Miami on DVD. But anyway I´m not very interested in getting all these bootlegs because the shows are always exactly the same. (and when I say exactly I mean really exactly.)
Wilkes Barre was interesting because it´s the first show and Paul sang Song For The Asking - a highlight of the tour - the only song Paul was allowed to do alone..., while Art always had a few solo songs)
And Miami was interesting because I visited the show. But all the other stuff is a little bit boring I think. And I hate it when they always say the exact same phrases. Something get´s lost if you realize they say the same sentences every night, it´s not more a live-feeling for me..no spontaneous things.
I know Paul solo also always play´s the same songs (but he changes 2 or 3 songs during a tour), but the good thing is he didn´t tell me the same jokes every night, he simply said nothing :-) And when he said something it wasn´t trained in and repeated, when he said ´it was wonderfull´ then I knew it was really wonderfull :-)

Thomas
Apr-17-2004, 20:06 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

I agree with Bodo. When you heard one show, you heard them all!

BingFrisby
Apr-17-2004, 20:55 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

I agree with you too, Bodo. I am a ROIO collector (Recordings Of Illegitimat Origin) and feel every show is important in it´s own right. I read about Paul Simon rehersing for a concert, he wanted the entire set to last 46 minutes. When he had finished his run-through the exact time it took was 46 minutes!! I also know what you mean when you feel an ad lib is more genuine sounding than a pre rehersed joke or story.If it is spontanious ad libs we want it is best to listen the the early bootlegs, where there is much spontanious humour and dry wit (esp from Simon). The 1968 Hollywood Bowl is a great example....the tuna sandwich thing and the fire department stuff. It is always nice to get a new concert from any show. The way to look at it is....If there were no hi tech internet communication today and someone was to show you a list of all the bootlegs available you would kill to have them.I think sometimes we can get spoiled with the seemingly easy access to rare material, therefore taking it somewhat for granted. Plus it is a really special thing to own a copy of the concerts you were at.

BingFrisby
Apr-17-2004, 21:02 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Just a thought.....the entire set of all the North American and Canada shows would look great in chronological order in anyone´s collection!! :)

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread