Bottom

Headlinechatroom

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Julie
Mar-31-2004, 09:14 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

This seems to have peetered out recently. Can I remind people it´s on Wednesday and Sunday evenings.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 266 ]

Bodo
Mar-31-2004, 10:17 GMT
IP:
Austria

I know...and this is TODAY :-)

Well, my problem is that I don´t have internet anymore at home :-

Ans
Mar-31-2004, 11:24 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

I often check it but no one seems around when I call in. But Love to talk to you in the chat tonight.

Ans
Apr-01-2004, 12:12 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Hi Julie,
I hope your internet connection problems are over, but if not I just want to let you know that I received your mail, Thanks.
I send you a mail back, hope you´ll receive it.

Julie
Apr-01-2004, 21:11 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Thanks Ans , I did recieve it.

Julie
Apr-01-2004, 21:12 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Tut Tut. Did you forget to pay your bill ?

TheCollector
Apr-01-2004, 22:25 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Hi, Julie. Do you have any S&G bootlegs to trade?

Sir Cumference of th
Apr-01-2004, 22:43 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

I have a copy of Paul Simon recorde on audio tape in Bolton Lancashire, England in 1965.He appeared upstairs in a pub, which was the then venue of the Bolton folk club. This tape is very clear, considering it might be a few generations copied. It contains 7 songs.Carlos Dominguez (less Spanish sounding than the record), I Am A Rock, Leaves That Are Green (different middle verse), Side of a hill, April Come She Will, Sound of silence and He Was My Brother.This tape was held by the folk club organiser until 1993 when it was passed on to his daughter.I have heard the "Chez"tape from ´65 and consider this so much better in quality, although the content of both is historically very important.On the Bolton tape Simon speaks about guitar technique (Travis Picking and clawhammer)and says he developed this from Ike everly and merle Travis style playing.He makes no mention of Art, but does speak a littl about New York, borough of Queens, which I believe he came from.there are some similarities too to the Northern line tape, he mentions the Crump story. So what time in 1965 could this be?The entire tape runs for 41.20 and ends abruptly for some reason in the middle of a further song intro (spoken)...What could this next song have been? I hope to transfer this tape do disc over the next few weeks. No trades...I believe some things should be kept rare.

fflloydywen
Apr-01-2004, 22:48 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

I saw Paul Simon perform in Warrington in 1965.his humour was tremedous, very dry.great player too!

Ans
Apr-02-2004, 05:20 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

I was talking about an email, just a message.

Bodo
Apr-02-2004, 09:21 GMT
IP:
Austria

No trades...I believe some things should be kept rare.

Na, what´s rare in your opinion?
If only 2 or 3 copies exist it will be lost some further day (if it´s not in a museum)

If you trade it to a few fan´s maybe later 1000 people will have it (out of a 2 or 3 million fan´s)
Ask how many fan´s know about ´Chez´...
If 1000 people have it it´s also very rare but has a bigger chance to survive in the future.

Thomas
Apr-02-2004, 11:53 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

I agree with Bodo :-)

BingFrisby
Apr-02-2004, 15:09 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Sir Cumference.....you call yourself a knight of the round table?? How dare you come in here threatening NOT to share that Simon in Bolton concert with the fans.It is indeed true Simon did perform in an upstairs room in a Bolton pub.....for NINE people! Times change! What´s wrong with sharing this tape anyway? I know Chez was sold on Ebay recently, and that is very rare indeed. The student recording of Paul Simon live in Exeter, England was sold at auction in 2000 to a collector and Simon & Garfunkel Live at Reading University surfaced recently. Someone shared these, I agree with Bodo that you should let the genuine fans hear this recording. There is also a 22 minute video of Simon jamming with some local people in the 70s when on the set of Annie Hall (77)I believe. Shot in a local bar, all acoustic doing cover versions of songs.....no S&G. These you could have, Sir Cumference, If you would consider sharing......you mean little character.....

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread