Bottom

HeadlineOne Trick Pony

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Jen
Mar-26-2004, 21:03 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

I got Paul´s film, One Trick Pony today and I watched it and I thought it was pretty good. I just wondered what everyone else thought to it?

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 261 ]

Yvonne
Mar-26-2004, 21:25 GMT
IP:
Ireland

I thought it wasn´t bad, his acting was less self concsious than Annie Hall. It might have been a wittier film if Woody Allen had been involved with the screen play

Thomas
Mar-28-2004, 11:49 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

I like the movie, but I understand if the actors weren´t famous musicians it was less interesting........

But I like it!

Bodo
Mar-28-2004, 12:41 GMT
IP:
Austria

The story isn´t really good, very boring IMO and the movie has too much music for the normal audience.
It´s really only a movie for Paul Simon fan´s, I don´t think anyone else liked it.

miriam
Mar-28-2004, 18:29 GMT
IP:
Germany

I like OTP, the acting is a bit amateurish but who cares. And I don´t think the story is boring, I think it´s rather good as it´s about the record industry and its methods to gain money as well as the personal development of the main character. IMO there´s not too much music in it and who knows if there aren´t any non-PS fans who like it? Think about other music films, "The Wall" for example. It´s not only for die hard Pink Floyd fans.

jerry
Mar-28-2004, 20:39 GMT
IP:
Germany

i think the same. I mean, it is funny to see Paul, to watch him playing Jonah... but to be honest: This movie would be really boring. I would not watch it if it was without Paul (and the other musicians)

Jen
Mar-29-2004, 09:02 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

I probably wouldn´t like it if it weren´t for Paul and the others being in it, and the great soundtrack, but I enjoyed and i´m sure some non-Paul fans did too. :D

Bodo
Mar-29-2004, 09:25 GMT
IP:
Austria

The story ´would´ be interesting that´s true, but he didn´t make a lot out of it.
I told other people about the story AFTER they have seen the movie with me - they didn´t realize anything. For the the movie was only one long concert.

Song - driving to another club - song - going into a office - song - talking to his wife - song - driving around - song... :-)

Bodo
Mar-29-2004, 10:44 GMT
IP:
Austria

But to be honest - I like the movie :-) Simply because it´s so cool to see Paul and the Band in a movie, hear the (rarely live played) songs from OTP...

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread