Bottom

Headlinefunny reaction of Paul

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Kuno 
Mar-26-2004, 17:52 GMT
IP:
Switzerland

Go to simonandgarfunkel.com, click on "news" and see the clip of the press-conference where they anounced the tour.
They sung a few songs, watch "Homeward Bound".
I always thought that Paul sings the first parts of the verses of this song alone, while Artie does some humming and joins the song when it comes to the second part and the chorus. In this clip, it´s exactly like this but not on the third verse. Art sings along the words "tonight I sing my songs again..".
In my opinion, this is exactly the part where Artie should not sing (because of the lyrics...)and as you can see on Pauls reaction, he might feel the same.
It´s very funny to see how he looks to Art and smiles afterwards. And, call me crazy, I think that Paul played the extra chords right before that third verse to confuse Art...or to make it more difficult for Art to join at the right time (watch the bored expression on Arts face *g*)

You know, I always found it very cool that Art sings on his Across-America DVD "tonight I sing HIS songs again"...."but all HIS words come back to me" and then I see this clip...too funny.
(BTW: If you don´t want to see the full clip, skip until about 05:00)

Maybe they had a little fight before the conference:

Paul: No, Artie, the third verse is mine !
Art: I Don´t think so, I sing that too !
Paul: Okay, in this case, I will play a few extra chords to confuse you !
Art: You don´t dare !
Paul: Oh, sure I will...you´ll see...!

:o)

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 270 ]

Bodo
Mar-29-2004, 10:55 GMT
IP:
Austria

Uh, Artie is often very confused IMO *g* ;-)
On the Wilkes Barre DVD he missed the right timing for 3 or 4 times during the show. And this after 35 years of singin these songs :-)
A very funny scene is when Art misses the right timing and started to sing too early the 3th verse(at Mrs. Robinson if I remember right) - He stop´s and Paul looks a little bit angry, then Art slap´s the back of his own left hand like a mother does with a little baby "Bad boy, don´t do that again" - and both smile :-)

Olson
Apr-04-2004, 18:25 GMT
IP:
USA - United Staates America

It´s ´The Boxer´ at the Central Park concert. On the very first verse, after they sing "I am just a poor boy, though my story´s seldom told" Art comes in really early. Paul laughed it off, though.

Jen
Apr-04-2004, 21:14 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

I only noticed that the other day, but I thought it was Paul that came in late, but maybe i´m wrong :D

Søren
Apr-05-2004, 08:23 GMT
IP:
Denmark

Art sung it as they did originally, but I definately think they had agreed to change it to the version Paul has sung several times later on (on CP ´91 for instance), where there is a pause after the first line. So it was Arts mistake :)

Alida
Apr-09-2004, 15:05 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

I think they both wanted to sing as they did originally but because of the applause and cheering, Paul chose to pause, and Art chose to continue.

Jen
Apr-09-2004, 17:03 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Ah, I see. :D

Thomas 
Apr-10-2004, 09:15 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Let´s ask Paul........ :-)