Bottom

HeadlineS&G Europe Tour?

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Bluesmoke
Mar-25-2004, 10:01 GMT
IP:
Italy

Guys...I´m a S&G fan too and I LIVE ion Rome and I can tell you that you´re giong a little far with your fears. Of course I don´t know what a Jihad fighter has in his sick mind but I can tell you that every Sunday,500 meters away from my house, many thousands of people gather in a rather large square to listen to the mass given by an elderly chap al dressed in white.Now THAT´s an easy and "inviting" target.I know we all think S&G are important but I don´t think they can be compared to the Pope!(Can they?)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 217 ]

Brian
Mar-25-2004, 10:05 GMT
IP:
USA - United Staates America

A very good point.
When terrorism changes our plans, it has succeeded. For example, Spain´s 180degree turnaround on the war in Iraq...

Bodo
Mar-25-2004, 12:07 GMT
IP:
Austria

I think Spain would have changed his mind in any way.

The terrorists attack didn´t have much influence in the voting, and Zapatero said it *before* that they will send their troops home if there is no UN-mandate.

Before the voting on February 23
40,2 % would have voted for Zapatero, only 38% for Aznar.
Feb 23

After the terror attack 42% voted for Zapatero. So the influence wasn´t that big.

Aznar didn´t have a good chance to win before the attacks and after because he is a liar.

Also Blair and Bush will get their bill soon.

Bodo
Mar-25-2004, 12:15 GMT
IP:
Austria

You never know what the attack.. I know S&G are not important, but why is a train important, or a hotel...
It´s importnat that there are many people and maybe no one thinks about an attack - while the Pope knows that he can be attacked at every time (and even was...)

Ans
Mar-25-2004, 13:15 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

I become so heavy-hearted each time these terrorism attacks happen. I can never understand why people do such things to one another, and it never stops.

Look at Israël and Palestina. Sometimes there is a little hope that there will be some peace between them and then there are new attacks.

When will the people on this earth understand that you can´t correct the past and think about their children.
They have to live in this evil world the grown ups created and when they are grown up they make the same mistakes all over again.

Me
Mar-25-2004, 14:57 GMT
IP:
Germany

Aznar could not win the election at all. He has not run for office any more ;-)

Bodo
Mar-25-2004, 17:31 GMT
IP:
Austria

Good *g* (He would be a good model for bush)

Me
Mar-25-2004, 20:27 GMT
IP:
Germany

i totally agree!

Vicente
Mar-26-2004, 15:42 GMT
IP:
USA - United Staates America

Bodo, the stadistics you have from the spanish elections are incorrect. Right when Spain enter in the Iraq war to support the USA, the spanish people was more critc against Aznar´s government, and the popularity of his party (PP) and himself was down. But after a few months, and specially after Sadam Hussein detention, Aznar´s party, represented by the new candidate Mariano Rajoy, was over Zapatero´s PSOE in all the surveys for more than 5 points. That was until the 11-M attacks in Madrid, that definetely influenced in the change of mind. of the spanish people.

Anyway... I wish S&G continue toruing together this year. Though now I live in the USA. But I will be in Spain this summer :-)
But I am specially looking foward to Paul´s new album!!!

Bodo
Mar-26-2004, 17:03 GMT
IP:
Austria

You are right, I mixed up the year (2003)

Jen
Mar-26-2004, 17:50 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

I really hope he releases a new album this year! :D

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread