Bottom

HeadlineS&G Europe Tour?

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Jen
Mar-23-2004, 17:39 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

I´ve heard people say they might be touring Europe this year, is this true or is it just a rumour?

Thanks.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 229 ]

Bodo
Mar-23-2004, 18:41 GMT
IP:
Austria

It´s true

Julie
Mar-23-2004, 20:33 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

at least it´s true according to the rumour :-)

Jen
Mar-23-2004, 21:02 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

I really hope it is, I live in the UK and i´d Love to see them, I hope they don´t tour for a few months at least, I gotta save up enough money ;)

Bodo
Mar-24-2004, 09:50 GMT
IP:
Austria

Hm, Well in my opinion one show is enough. They play exactly the same setlist every night and say the same sentences...(eh even words). So there isn´t any variation.

It might be interesting for me to visit the concert in Rome if it´s free and a few 100.000 people will come - but on the other hand at this time such event´s with a big audience are also very dangerous... especially in Rome.

Kuno 
Mar-24-2004, 10:28 GMT
IP:
Switzerland

right bodo, here is a thought that scares me a little:

we know that there are terrorist attacks all over the world. italy might be a target too because they supported the war in iraq.

so, in the terrorists view, what would be a better target for an attack then this show in rome ?
i mean, it´s italy, there will be 500 000 people (maybe more), S and G are american AND jewish....

but i will go to that show anyway !

Nathgertsch
Mar-24-2004, 10:51 GMT
IP:
France

Yes, I have many fears now for Rome after those events in Spain and I am not even sure the concert will finally take place :-(

Nathgertsch
Mar-24-2004, 10:53 GMT
IP:
France

And Italy is clearly on the list on the target-countries. They have even talked about Rome and that concert would be really the "best" place for an attack. Even if I try not to be so pessimistic sometimes...

Bodo
Mar-24-2004, 11:31 GMT
IP:
Austria

I think if there is one more terror attack in Europe a lot of event´s will be canceled.
At the time no one said anything ever... don´t they think that this could happen, especially at a free concert?

BTW. I even wonder that nothing more has happendend, as tragical as this terror attack was I think it´s much more easier to visit a concert or a soccer game (with 100.000 visitors) and to take some bombs with you. There haven´t been any security checks at the soccer game in Barcelona I visited...

Bodo
Mar-24-2004, 11:33 GMT
IP:
Austria

Uh, that´s right.

Jewish, Americans.. and in Italy.

At the time I don´t think that they should give such a big free concert...

Nathgertsch
Mar-24-2004, 14:08 GMT
IP:
France

We have no news at all for the moment and that´s not good news! I´m close to think that it will be cancelled and if it is not, that´s taking many risks (and my husband don´t want to take them and told me he is not sure we will finally go)

Iya
Mar-24-2004, 15:02 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Wait a minute... That concert in Rome isn´t the only one they are going to do in Europe, is it? It may be very sensible of them to cancel that one, but that doesn´t mean they won´t do any other, smaller, concerts here. At least I hope so!

Thomas
Mar-24-2004, 16:09 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Well, S&G is cool, but there have been so much live concerts (in the usa). I say: stop! Let the two split again and the two will do what they really want to do, making new music. At least, I think Paul has more fun in making new songs then playing Homeward Bound or something again.

Paul, follow your heart!

Iya
Mar-24-2004, 16:47 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

I´m not so sure Thomas. Awhile ago I read an interview with Paul in which he said he was having trouble writing new songs. Some sort of writer´s block, if you like.
I do wonder what a new Paul Simon album would be like, though. It seems as though he has done it all, will he be able to come up with something new and original again? Or am I now deeply underestimating him? I hope so!

Kuno
Mar-24-2004, 16:49 GMT
IP:
Switzerland

Thomas:
I understand your opinion, but I think the fans in Europe (who haven´t had the money to travel oversea) should have a chance to see them too.
I can´t say that I would be disappointed if the two split after this tour, but it´s not more than fair to visit the European fans too.

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread