Bottom

HeadlinePaul solo

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Bluesmoke
Mar-14-2004, 15:50 GMT
IP:
Italy

No...I´m not talking about his solo career,I´m wondering if anyone has any memory(or recording) of Paul actually taking a solo on guitar.I´m sure he´s got the skills to...but I´ve never heard him take one

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 242 ]

Julie
Mar-14-2004, 16:15 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Anji

Julie
Mar-14-2004, 17:02 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

And of course Songbook is just Paul and his guitar

toki71 
Mar-14-2004, 17:02 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Don´t think so. He even changed the lyrics of "Late In The Evening" from "lead guitar" to "rhythm guitar".
However he played the cool intro lick of "Father and Daughter" on Electric Guitar.
But I think Paul played all solos for Jimmy Hendrix and Carlos Santana and they just pretended to play them on stage.
Honestly: Most solos are easier and more boring than his live version of "Surfer Girl".

Bodo
Mar-14-2004, 22:06 GMT
IP:
Austria

Hm, At the time I even can´t remember a Paul Simon song which has a real guitar solo.
His musik isn´t simple rock music where every 3th verse has to be a lead guitar solo.
Anyway his playing skills in the studio are very high (for example he also played the lead guitar on ´Love´ from YTO) - but at concerts he likes to sing and have fun with his guitar and some easy chords. I would say he isn´t the best on playing lead guitar, singin lead guitar and looking relaxed and jump around on the stage. :-) Even when he play´s easy songs like ´Homeward Bound´ he is very concentrated

Ans
Mar-15-2004, 08:32 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Well,I think he is very good when he plays Heart&Bones and The Sound Of Silence at CP 91, it´s maybe not a lead guitar solo but he shows his playing skills there.
I once read that Paul said that he is a good guitarplayer and he has to be if he wants to play with other good musicians. Otherwise they get bored playing with him.

MATAN
Mar-15-2004, 10:38 GMT
IP:
Italy

To Julie:that´s not exactly what I was referring to.
To the others: Don´t you think it´s REALLY weird?Not only does he NEVER take a solo,he also has very few guitar solos on his cds(can you think of some?)! I´m positive he has the skills to because I´ve been studiying his guitar playing and it´s so beautifully complex that it´s obvious hes a great musician.

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread