Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineWho was at the NO Jazz?

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4]

AuthorComment

massecb
Apr-28-2010, 00:52 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Oh, and I was not disappointed by Garfunkel, but actually quite impressed at his determination to sing despite the sore voice. Both men made their fair share of mistakes, but that almost made the show more personal and intimate than I expected. If they had performed flawlessly, then they would have sounded like recordings. One of my favorite aspects of live performances, particularly this one, is that it creates a bond between the fans and performers that can only be forged through the knowledge that there are no degrees of separation between you and the performers. You are literally hearing their voices from the source. By making themselves vulnerable to us, they trust the audience to accept them, flaws and everything.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 233 ]

Barb
Apr-28-2010, 01:10 GMT

thank you massecb for expressing thoughts I could not.

Bodo
Apr-28-2010, 09:37 GMT
Austria

I also can´t access the blog.

Is it turned of because of some information that should not appear official?

Mimi
Apr-28-2010, 10:47 GMT
Austria

Maybe it´s a coincidence, but I can imagine, that they don´t want rumours to start, before anything is definetly decided.

Barb
Apr-28-2010, 13:17 GMT

Richard the blogger mentioned that during practices he was impressed with the great harmony sounds by the duo and the way the band had come together-

Richard
Apr-28-2010, 13:48 GMT
Unknown

I doubt this vanished page is a coincidence. I looked at the cached version of the April 26 blogspot and it certainly does say that the tour has been pushed back.

Given all the flights I have to take to get to two shows, I wish they would make an announcment sooner rather than later.

I would rather wait to see them when Art´s voice is back to the best it can be.

Helen
Apr-30-2010, 00:38 GMT
Australia

Bodo,
The link on left at the bottom for ´Paul Simon concert Reviews New Orleans 2010-04-24 ´ doesn´t take you to the right review. Can you fix that or is there another link to get to the right review.
Thanks in advance

brenda
Apr-30-2010, 00:57 GMT
Australia

Helen , a link to a very touching review of the New Orleans show posted by Judith on Art´s site. Says it all
http://www.myneworleans.com/My-New-Orleans/April-2
010/April-Come-She-Will/

brenda
May-01-2010, 01:40 GMT
Australia

another review. mostly about Paul´s great music and lyrics.
stories in my pocket - http://storiesinmypocket.wordpress.com/

Ans.  
May-01-2010, 08:05 GMT
Netherlands

Thanks Brenda, this is a very nice review. I think the same way about Paul´s music as the writer. I listened to a lot of different music the past years and still discover new music, bands and songwriters but Paul´s music is there to stay, like the writer says so beautifully;

"With Paul Simon, I grow into it. Every year that passes gives me a deeper understanding, a deeper appreciation, a deeper identification."

Scaaty
May-01-2010, 09:58 GMT
Ireland

Great review, obviously a big Paul Simon fan! thanks Brenda

brenda
May-02-2010, 12:48 GMT
Australia

Yes .Ans and Scatty, what a great review. I printed it out to keep as sometimes these articles seem to disappear. It said exactly what I feel about Paul´s music and lyrics But I find it hard to express the words. Love all his work but to me Surprise is brilliant. If I could own only one album this is it. Wartime Prayers among the best lyrics he has ever written.

Bodo
May-02-2010, 17:24 GMT
Austria

>Bodo,
>The link on left at the bottom for >´Paul Simon concert Reviews New >Orleans 2010-04-24 ´ doesn´t take you >to the right review. Can you fix that >or is there another link to get to >the right review.
>Thanks in advance

Helen, what is the ´right´ review?

The link is working fine on my computer and shows the concert review posted here.

Helen
May-02-2010, 23:38 GMT
Australia

Hi Bodo,
I found the concert review in the S&G - Other Concerts Tour section and the link on the home page is correct. The Links at the bottom left in the box ´Paul Simon concert Reviews ´ (under ´Latest Paul Simon News´) in the black section of this site the links go to the wrong reviews which is the link I tried first time.

Ans.  
May-03-2010, 08:30 GMT
Netherlands

Brenda, I agree with you on Surprise, it is a brilliant album. The great thing about Paul´s music is that you can keep switching between his older and newer albums, there is something there for every mood and almost every style.

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread