Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineVideo: One Trick Pony Subtitles

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Petr Skocek
Mar-08-2010, 20:55 GMT
United Kingdom

Hello, I am trying to make a subtitles for Paul´s movie, but I am stuck in this section, can anyone post me here what Steve Gad and others anre saying? Because I can´t understand nearly nothing :D

Video link:Video: One Trick Pony Subtitles

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1431 ]

Bodo
Mar-09-2010, 09:38 GMT
Austria

Hello Petr
- what is the result of youtubes automatic subtite algorithm? It should do that...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1431 ]

Marie-Noelle
Mar-09-2010, 16:14 GMT
France

Hello Petr,
I´ve got the whole text and for this video, this is what the book says:
"The B-52´s perform their hit song "Rock Lobster." The performance is undercut with shots of Jonah watching and Jonah´s band unwinding in the dressing room. John plays electronic chess. Lee-Andrew fools around with his guitar. Danny tells a story to Clarence, who is laughing and trying to draw Lee-Andrew into the conversation. Jonah is now in the dressing room rolling a joint. A waitress, Modeena, enters carrying a tray.
Modeena: (rapping on the doorframe) Excuse me. (Moving into the room) Okay. We´ve got two Heinekens, two Rémy, a sloe-gin fizz, and a Jack daniel´s neat. Club policy is one-third off the menu. Who wants to sign?
Clarence: Warner Brothers is paying for it.
Modeena: C´mon. You guts aren´t with Warner Brothers. I gotta put in a slip with somebody´s name on it. So... who´s it gonna be?
Jonah: Doesn´t matter. Just leave it here.
A close-up of Jonah looking up and giving the waitress a warm smile.
Jonah: I´ll sign.
Then a close-up of Modeena."
As you can see, the few words of the story Steve Gadd says to Richard Tee are not reported in the book.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1430 ]

Marie-Noelle  
Mar-09-2010, 16:19 GMT
France

Sorry!

"Modeena: C´mon. You guys..."

I hope it will be of some help.
Marie-Noelle

petrsharks  
Mar-09-2010, 21:39 GMT
United Kingdom

Thanks a Lot!!! ... Youtube didn´t recognise it. Do you have some kind of book or what? :)))

Anton
Jan-05-2015, 22:15 GMT
Netherlands

Did you manage to make the subtitles? I can't find them anywhere... Some scenes are hard to figure out for non-natives. So English subtitles would help (or Dutch in my case).

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1351 ]

Ans  
Jan-05-2015, 22:56 GMT
Netherlands

I have the One Trick Pony book also. It's a great book with the text from the film, the songs with sheet music and lots of pictures from the film.

It's still available on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/One-Trick-Pony-by-Paul-Simon-1980-Hardcover-Dust-Jacket-First-Edition-/111354006280?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item19ed374b08

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 1346 ]

Jupira  
Jan-06-2015, 16:51 GMT
Brazil

Hey, I wanted this book!Watched the movie once, but it was along time ago...
Price (from link) is decent but they dont send to Brazil...What a...
If someone had some "Christmas spirit " lacking I would gladly accept this gift...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1305 ]

Jupira  
Jan-06-2015, 16:54 GMT
Brazil

Hey, I wanted this book!Watched the movie once, but it was along time ago...
Price (from link) is decent but they dont send to Brazil...What a...
If someone had some "Christmas spirit " lacking I would gladly accept this gift...

bodo
Jan-06-2015, 16:54 GMT
Mexico

I have a German version of that movie, maybe that's easier for you?

[Like] 1 Jupira Jupira
[Reply] - [Readers: 1305 ]

Jupira  
Jan-06-2015, 18:31 GMT
Brazil

Bodo, I do appreciate your good mood !Always...

Bodo
Jan-07-2015, 05:30 GMT
Mexico

Thank you Jupira! ;-)

Well, but I hope that this did not come as a joke. I thought for a Dutch it might maybe be easier to understand a German movie than an english one, as a lot of Dutch people speak very well German.

Only problem is, I do not have access to that movie within the next 5 months... Klausi might have.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1280 ]

nikolia
Jan-17-2017, 19:30 GMT
Unknown

Hi everyone!
Did someone manage to make subtitles for the movie eventually?
I've been looking lately for some version in my native Russian, but even wikipedia article has the movie name non-translated :)
The movie itself is hard to find, let alone in decent quality or any translation at all :)
I have some non-English speaking friend who would love to watch it, too, so I thought I might make the translation, but that's hardly possible by ear :)
Hoping for the best!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 956 ]

nikolia
Jan-17-2017, 19:30 GMT
Unknown

Hi everyone!
Did someone manage to make subtitles for the movie eventually?
I've been looking lately for some version in my native Russian, but even wikipedia article has the movie name non-translated :)
The movie itself is hard to find, let alone in decent quality or any translation at all :)
I have some non-English speaking friend who would love to watch it, too, so I thought I might make the translation, but that's hardly possible by ear :)
Hoping for the best!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 955 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread