Bottom

HeadlineRUBI DIJKEMA

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

Nathgertsch
Mar-05-2004, 17:56 GMT
IP:
France

Be careful Bodo because "qui-qui" can mean something you can´t even imagine ! LOL !
And about English mistakes, well, I am really far from speaking and writting a perfect English (I was doing much better when I was studying that language at the university but it is a too long time ago now and my different stays in the States have spoiled my perfect English ;-) )but who cares that much as long as everybody can understand us (and that it´s not at all non sense like it was in the quizz) ?
We (and Bodo first) already make many efforts to communicate here in a language that is not ours because of the supremacy of the English language so, please, let´s all be more lenient ! Thanks !

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 272 ]

Ans
Mar-05-2004, 17:57 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Well said Marieno, so you see Raven, DON´T attack our Bodo;-)

But honestley Bodo does a great job with his site and he is a good host.

Bodo
Mar-05-2004, 18:03 GMT
IP:
Austria

Yep, I saw that. I also have to say that I was very angry because I saw the ´asfsd´ questions of MATAN, then the question of Rubi. And he made so many questions, some good questions and I wanted to keep them - but then I saw all these errors and at least his few last questions..absolute senseless questions (and this brought me to the decission not to correct all the normal questions, also because he could have simply take himself half a minute more to check the word´s... I think he simply wanted to flood the quiz with a lot of questions he could answer to be the top player of the quiz later, without checking if the question hasn´t been already asked or if the 4 possible answers are good)

Bodo
Mar-05-2004, 18:06 GMT
IP:
Austria

Thanks Ans, by that way - I have deleted this anoying pop under banner now. At the time with this new add on the bottom it´s enough advertising and I don´t want to nerv any visitors with pop unders ;-)

Bodo
Mar-05-2004, 18:17 GMT
IP:
Austria

Marieno, don´t be so hard ;-)

I can understand the criticism from Raven (and really, while I wrote the sentence ´Your english is so bad..´ I thought: ´maybe someone will reply saying the same things about me´.. But there have been so many really obvious errors in these questions (and Raven, you couldn´t read them I know) that I didn´t want to edit them.

Especially because at the time I have a very very slow connection to my web-administration tool.

[A strange story, the site is blocked on my company´s internet connection, so I use a special software and connect via SSH to a friend´s computer where the site isn´t blocked. In a 2nd step I have to use a software called VNC to see HIS computer screen on my PC, and so I surf on his PC(and on my screen) to my website-administration tool. That´s extreme slow, it took me 1 hour only to delete the questions!! ]

I think that Rubi´s English is also much better BTW. - but he simply didn´t take the time to correct the typos or check some words IMO.

Bodo
Mar-05-2004, 18:19 GMT
IP:
Austria

Willow, do they show you the IP of the poster in the AG forum?
I would like to know if this is really the same person.

Willow
Mar-05-2004, 20:23 GMT
IP:
USA - United Staates America

I don´t know, I don´t think so, but I´m not very good with computers.

His sign in´s get deleted pretty quickly anyhow.

Brandy
Mar-05-2004, 21:33 GMT
IP:
Canada

Whew! I´m finally able to get back on this site! My computer kept screwing up the homepage . . .

Anyway, @ Bodo, I´d like to say that as a "native english speaker" that I think your english is quite good and I personally don´t find it hard to understand you, so don´t worry what others say:)

Willow, what´s going on with that ´afsfasdf´ man on the AG board? I usually only go to the PS one, and he doesn´t hang out at the PS one, does he? I´m trying to remember if I´ver seen anything by him before . . .

Willow
Mar-05-2004, 22:56 GMT
IP:
USA - United Staates America

Welcome back!

Bodo said that ´afsfasdf´ was submiting whacked out questions at a rapid pace to the quiz game on this site. He justs posts a couple times a week on the AG site´s guestbook, he may have posted a few times on the board but I can´t remember.

Ans
Mar-06-2004, 05:23 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

I think you did the right thing, his english in the fan database is to good to make such errors in the quiz. Now I feel the need to apologize for the stupid behavior of a fan from my country.

jerry
Mar-06-2004, 09:07 GMT
IP:
Germany

I don´t think that´s a problem, is it? i mean we all speak english more or less, at least it is enough to communicate, a little mistake like "or" (I used to make this fault too) won´t confuse the readers too much in my opinion.

Marieno 
Mar-06-2004, 13:37 GMT
IP:
France

Sorry...

Alain
Mar-06-2004, 15:04 GMT
IP:
France

Bodo, perhaps you may have two sorts of forums:
Perfect english / bad english
Gut deutsch / nicht gut..
Français de Molière / français de cuisine ...usw.. LOL

Marieno
Mar-06-2004, 19:34 GMT
IP:
France

LOL!!!

Marieno 
Mar-07-2004, 18:04 GMT
IP:
France

By the way, i heard today on the radio that, in Europe, the young french (15-16 years Old) are the worst in English...
So Bodo, don´t be nasty with us, poor French people...

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread