Bottom

HeadlineSomething´s gotta give

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Ans Koenen
Feb-18-2004, 06:38 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

A very good and funny movie with Jack Nicholson and Diana Keaton. The last song in the movie was from Paul,Learn How To Fall. That was a very nice Surprise.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 400 ]

Bodo
Feb-18-2004, 15:30 GMT
IP:
Austria

YEAH Ans, saw the movie too on Sunday, I was very surprised. The song fit´s perfect at the end of the movie.
And there was even another conneciton to Art Garfunkel - they played ´I only have eyes for you´ but it was not Art Garfunkel singin it.

Ans Koenen
Feb-18-2004, 18:19 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Hee, I have missed that, must have been because someone else sang it. The movie was great, Jack Nicholson was soo funny especially in the hospital.

Bodo
Feb-19-2004, 10:07 GMT
IP:
Austria

It was a very funny movie, I can really recommend it to everyone (especially because Paul had a song in it :-) )
And Keanu Reeves was such a poor boy....no luck.
The movie reminds me a little bit of "Besser gehts nicht"(1997) where Nicolson plays the author (sorry I don´t know the englisch titel...)

It was interesting that I frist didn´t realize that it was a Paul Simon song (first means in the first 5 seconds or so). I heard the great guitar lick and hum with it... didl didi - dii dii...and thought ´hey nice song´ and suddenly I said loud "Hey Paul Simon!" LOL- Then he started to sing :-)

miriam
Feb-19-2004, 11:24 GMT
IP:
Germany

Hi Bodo, I think you mean "As Good As It Gets". A great movie :-)
I also saw "Something´s Gotta Give" last week and I really enjoyed it. I immediately recognized "Learn How To Fall" and I had a big grin on my face when I read the end credits ;-)

Bodo
Feb-20-2004, 15:37 GMT
IP:
Austria

It´s always so nice to hear a Simon song in a movie, especially when you visit a cinema.
I don´t know if it´s true but I think in the last years we heard much more of his songs in movies, don´t you think?
I heard ´Loves Me Like A Rock´ last year (can´t remember the movie now) and 1 or 2 other songs. Maybe Paul now allows more than a few years ago?

Nathgertsch
Feb-20-2004, 17:59 GMT
IP:
France

I´ve just seen a not really interesting movie some days ago called "Loser" (with one of the actors playing in American Pie)and the only interest of it was that we can hear Parsley Sage :-)

Nathalie

Kath
Feb-21-2004, 01:05 GMT
IP:
Canada

I really badly want to see this movie! Diane Keaton is my second favorite actress! (Annie Hall was great! lol ;)) And if I remember correctly, wasn´t "Late In The Evening" on the preview for this movie?? :)

Sumit 
Feb-24-2004, 11:21 GMT
IP:
Australia

Kath,
SPOT ON!

"Late In The Evening" is in the preview but not in the soundtrack!!

"Intolerable Cruelty" is full of S&G tunes!

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread