Bottom

HeadlineEuropean tour

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Julie
Feb-08-2004, 23:49 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

It has just been announced on the Everley Brothers website that S/G will do the first concert of their European tour in Rome at the end of July.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 253 ]

Ans Koenen
Feb-09-2004, 06:44 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Did you have it from their mailinglist, because it´s not on one of their pages, if it is on their site could you give us a link.

The date is fine it means more dates in august and not july, for me more convenient.
Well, this is what we are all waiting for.

Nathgertsch
Feb-09-2004, 10:23 GMT
IP:
France

No !!!! :-((( I will go to Rome but I don´t want to see the Everly !!!!

Nathalie

Bodo
Feb-09-2004, 10:48 GMT
IP:
Austria

LOL

Ok, I will now shock you all a little bit, I think I´ve shown the video of Wilkes Barre now to more than 10 people and 6 or 7 of them said: "Wow, they are much better" when the Everlys came on stage, and then these people sung... Dream dream dream... Wake up little Susie...

Julie
Feb-09-2004, 12:40 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

No shock to me. I also thought that the Everleys livened the whole thing up.

Nathgertsch
Feb-09-2004, 14:12 GMT
IP:
France

So, I´m even more sad now ! :-)I´m not sure anymore to want to go ! LOL !

Bodo
Feb-09-2004, 14:49 GMT
IP:
Austria

Well, I think the reason for their reacton was that the Everlys did their songs absolute the same way they recorded them 40 years ago, and their harmonies together are IMO better.
Also they both were wearing a black suit, black guitar and had a lot of black hair *g*, while S&G look a little bit hackly and Paul only was wearing Jeans and flashy T-shirt - and I think the outfit count´s a lot on that.

J-B Dahmoune 
Feb-09-2004, 21:07 GMT
IP:
France

It is true that the Everly brought some energy to the audience in NYC on dec. 4th. After their short set, people started to dance and sing, which they didn´t do during the first part of the show.

Marieno
Feb-09-2004, 22:01 GMT
IP:
France

This European not was not my "Dream, dream, dream"...with or without the Everlys...

Bodo
Feb-09-2004, 22:20 GMT
IP:
Austria

.. I think theres a word missing lol. I really had to read this sentence now for 5 times until I understood. Marieno, are you trying to encrypt your sentences so that the S&G fan´s aren´t unhappy with you? ;-)

Nathgertsch
Feb-10-2004, 13:48 GMT
IP:
France

It is not for me either (if I have understood well what you have written Marie No :-)) but Rome is Rome with or without S&G :-)

Nathgertsch
Feb-10-2004, 13:50 GMT
IP:
France

Furthermore, it should be quite an historical concert, in a great place and the occasion for me too to see S&G for the first and maybe the last time of my life (not that I am so Old but *they* are ! LOL !)

Marieno
Feb-10-2004, 18:56 GMT
IP:
France

Sorry, sorry, i had drunk too much camomille, i forgot one word "Tour": this European tour is not my "dream, dream, dream"...Thanks Nath, you try to understand me...

Micky 
Feb-10-2004, 20:00 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Well IMO I prefer Paul way of dress to the Everlys. To me suits are stif and middle aged looking. They have their place and a concert, unless it´s classical or a special celebration, is not the place. A concert is supposed to be relaxed and chilled out and there´s nothing relaxed and chilled out about suits.

Suits make me think: business, FBI, office work, formal occasions. I don´t believe concerts were in my list lol!

And I´m not denying that the everlys sound good, they do. But I prefer someone who´s grown a little over the years. They haven´t if their songs sound exactly the same. Pauls grown tremendously since his career started 40 plus years ago and I feel he´s gone from strength to strength.

As for the hair thing and the Everlys..toupee or not toupee that is the question *g* oh and Grecian 200 *wink*

Giggly Hugs

Micky

bernadette
Feb-11-2004, 09:53 GMT
IP:
Germany

in my opinion they did not sang their songs like 40 years ago...
They changed verses and text, they changed the melody and "All I have to do is dream" was for me much to "slow" compared to the original recording.
But it´s true, their appearance was a very very high moment in the show...

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread