Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineThe curse of Paul Simon

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Bodo  
Dec-28-2008, 13:02 GMT
Austria

The Curse of Paul Simon. Not a good year to have once hung around with the legendary songster. Among this year´s obits: Ira Tucker of the Dixie Hummingbirds, who backed Rhymin´ Simon on 1973´s "Loves Me Like A Rock;" Miriam Makeba, who performed at the historic "Graceland" concert in ´87; and Davy Graham, whose classic guitar solo, "Angi," was oft performed by Simon in the early days.

Well, it has some truth. Remeber what I wrote some days ago? (...you are Old when everyone around you dies) So even other people realized that coincidence now.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 433 ]

Andras
Dec-29-2008, 13:47 GMT
Hungary

Bodo!

On your site there are 53 people listed who ever played together with Paul. (There are some groups as well, so indeed more then 53...)

If you would just say that they are all between 30 and 80, you could say one of them would probably die 2009. Anyway none of the 3 performers mentioned in this news is on the list of the band.

I would say we all know how Old Paul exactly is. There are even some chance of my fall, though being 40. (Anyway Hungarian men has one of the the worst mortality in the world. :) )

matthewsemple
Jan-03-2009, 01:06 GMT
United Kingdom

I have often thought this but dared not to mention it just in case it was considered to be in bad taste.

Whilst Andras is correct, because if you take a large number of people there is a chance that some of them will die during a given year, there have been a few premature deaths amongst Simon´s collaborators.

I am thinking of Richard Tee, Eric Gale and Michael Brecker who all died relatively when they were young. Then there is Briz and several members of Ladysmith Black Mambazo who all suffered untimely deaths.

I don´t think this means anything, it is just sad that these people are no longer with us. However when you watch One-Trick Pony, both Tee and Gale take part in the rock ´n´ roll deaths game which is difficult to watch now.

Bodo  
Jan-28-2009, 11:49 GMT
Austria

That´s number 2 in 2009 now. Two persons in 1 month.

The main page of paul-simon.info now looks like a undertakers page... 3 articles about death.

Bodo
Jan-28-2009, 12:05 GMT
Austria

sorry...4 now.

I know it´s coincidence. But maybe this might have some influence on Paul songwriting at the moment. Even if you are older, you don´t expect to loose so many friends in a short time.

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread