Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineVideo: Fast Car Wyclef Jean feat. Paul Simon

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Bodo Malo
Dec-27-2008, 16:11 GMT
Austria

The videoclip from 2007 - Fast Car, featuring Paul Simon. He did not appear in the video, and Wyclef is mimming Paul Simons guitar playing.

Why do I show you that now? :) I have made a new function in the forum. You can post a YOUTUBE video and start a discussion about it. It is point 3) on the forum page.
Admins are allowed to delete video clips too. If you go to the video clips page, watch the video, and see that it has been erased for example - then simply click on DELETE THIS VIDEO.

Happy new year.

Video link:Video: Fast Car Wyclef Jean feat. Paul Simon

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 475 ]

Webster
Jan-21-2009, 19:13 GMT
Germany

I hope Paul Simon considers having his next album produced by Wyclef Jean.
Both of them got some kind of a background in Caribbean music. And Wyclef has produced some very enjoyable tunes by other non-hip-hop artists before, like "Dancing Lessons" by Sinead O´Connor, Hide Away by Mick Jagger, Angel by Simply Red and a whole album by Tom Jones entitled "Mr Jones".

Bodo
Jan-21-2009, 23:49 GMT
Austria

Well, Paul produces all his albums himself - he needs 100% control of everything, so I doubt this would happen.

Ian
Jan-22-2009, 05:05 GMT
USA - United Staates America

I doubt they would work again anyway,as when Wyclef was in Australia last year??,he commented that the sessions with Paul weren´t exactly easy going. He followed by saying that all the other guests sessions were enjoyable with lots of ´Love and respect´ in the studio. I think that while he obviously admired Paul´s music,he,like Los Lobos perhaps,found Paul´s methodical approach to recording a little different to what he was used to,and expected. A pity really,as Wyclef was able to coax some pretty cool guitar playing from Paul.

Ans
Jan-22-2009, 09:16 GMT
Netherlands

Is this really true Ian? I remember watching this video interview from Wyclef Jean where he is very happy with Paul´s collaboration.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/home.nsf/webpages/
wyclefjeanx13x09x07

Scroll to the bottom for the link to see the interview, Wyclef talks about Paul early in the interview.

It sounds really strange to me that Wyclef changed his mind about the collaboration.

Ian
Jan-22-2009, 10:56 GMT

Sorry Ans,I didn´t mean to imply that they parted on bad terms,or that there was anything resembling the Los Lobos affair,but it was more a comparison about the way he spoke about Paul´s input compared to the way he spoke about the other guest artists contributions. I´ll try to find a transcript of the interview,and post a link if I can. It may just be a case of personal interpretation.

Bodo
Jan-22-2009, 12:51 GMT
Austria

Well - thats just my own opinion - I think it is much more fun for a guy like Wyclef to record with party chicks, as with a vegetarian and non-smoker ;-)

You know what I mean?

TOKI wrote some years ago:
Wyclef was guest at Paul´s home for charity reasons. Later he asked him for help with the lyrics for a song on the phone. Paul came to the studio (which they cleaned up for the famous guest ;-) with his guitar and made suggestions for the lyrics/melody and ended singing a bit on Wyclef´s song.

nancy
Sep-08-2009, 21:58 GMT

He was so young.

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-wycli
ffe-johnson8-2009sep08,0,5690360.story

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread