Bottom

HeadlineAlive...

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Jupira
Dec-17-2008, 18:30 GMT
Brazil

Hi guys! Missing you all!
Got a retin "disglued" left eye and a surgery a weeek ago. I´m listening a lot of Simon,for a time it was the only thing i could do.First day back outside home and near a comp."but its all right all right..." Cheers!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 487 ]

Mimi
Dec-18-2008, 18:49 GMT
Austria

Welcome back. Hope everything is alright!

Lara
Dec-19-2008, 18:14 GMT
Italy

Happy to read you! I wish you all the best!

Jupira
Dec-19-2008, 18:16 GMT
Brazil

Thank you Mimi.Vision there is a lot blurred but nothing that I was not expecting for.Thing was really serious and surprising cos comes without another reason that being myopic...Not being confined to someone(relative) home makes me feel great,however !!!

Jupira
Dec-19-2008, 18:19 GMT
Brazil

thank you either, Lara

Jupira  
Jan-22-2009, 17:01 GMT
Brazil

On the road.Thing is a hell,seens like will never end.I do hope no one here got one "RD".Sorry for this "down" message...

Paul
Jan-30-2009, 13:54 GMT
Unknown

don´t give up, Jupira!
everything will be okay, i hope

Lara
Jan-30-2009, 14:47 GMT
Italy

I wish you all the best!

Bodo
Jan-30-2009, 14:53 GMT
Austria

I hope you get well in the next months Jupira. Sorry to hear that.

I have to tell you - I do not know exactly what a RD is, but it sounds serious and not very good.

Jupira
Jan-30-2009, 17:11 GMT
Brazil

Thank you all friends.Bodo,Lara and Mimi already knows,because I posted a msg when I completed one week of the surgery and returned to the computer: RD means retina detachment,and yes,you´re right is not a good thing cause you can end blind.It took me by Surprise,and its still scaring cos happens both sides sometimes,now I do know what fear means...By now I´m trying to keep my mood ok and my mental sanity and getting used to the idea I still have 2 future surgeries:one to remove the silicone oil,other to repair a cataract that docs are counting it wil appear there later on.The damaged eye has 4O% vision by now.
Girls,you know what, silicone in the eye don´t make it bigger... ;-)
In fact,it seems a little smaller...
Cheer up messages are always important.Thanks!

Paul
Jan-30-2009, 18:20 GMT
Unknown

Jupira, i know what it means when having a bad eyesight, cause i have poor eyes: -1.5D .. And how it´s great to watch the world with 100% vision (it comes to me very seldom though i don´t wear glasses).. What a pitty you are having a lot of troubles with your eyes. And i sympathize......
Good luck! :)

Jupira
Jan-30-2009, 19:07 GMT
Brazil

Thanks Paul !You´re the third "Paul" supporting me... That´s really nice! Simon one just with songs,a British friend with kind words.Sorry for your eyss as well.I didnt got it: why don´t you use glasses?

Paul
Jan-30-2009, 21:14 GMT
Unknown

thanks, i´m pleased..
why don´t i? i play basketball. if i wore them during the game I would look like Kareem Abdul Jabbar in his gogles :))))) Actually the objects seem smaller wearing glasses and it´s not convenient. I only wear them while driving..
And sometimes the tears come into the eyes - little one (not when you cry) when it´s cold or i don´t know when else - and i feel like i have an excellent sight and see everything clear. I wish i had this forever.
Recently I was wondering around my flat looking for a book and i found one how to make your eyes stronger. The author used to teach the pilots from the US army. It was interesting to know that the baseball players have a very strong eyesight so that they can see the ball flying very rapidly. I´m reading now..
"Keep rolling - that´s the MTV slogan. Keep rolling.. It´s got enthusiasm. May not be in tune" PS
:))))

Lara  
Jan-31-2009, 18:56 GMT
Italy

Be patient Jupira,I can imagine your fear (I´m a little myopic too).
Everybody here supports you!!

Jupira
Feb-02-2009, 16:56 GMT
Brazil

I will...Thanks! By the way, do the public health service works fine in your countries? ;-)
Paul,I hope the book helps you.

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread