www.paul-simon.info 
The neck of my Guitar

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlinePiano scores for Bridge Over Troubled Water - Central Park 1991?

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Christian  
Dec-15-2008, 19:36 GMT
Norway

Hi!

Anyone who knows where to find piano scores for this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxZlR69gUdM

Richard Teeīs intro of this song is just amazing, and if anoyone knows where to find it, please let me know!

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1105 ]

Peter
Dec-16-2008, 02:05 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Hi-
I don´t think scores for this version exist. I am trying to work out a lot of live piano right now so maybe I´ll take a stab at writing this down in the coming weeks.

Belle
Dec-16-2008, 10:36 GMT
Unknown

Hi Christian, i might have the scores..but its from 81 central park concert. Let me go back and check

Peter
Dec-17-2008, 05:29 GMT
USA - United Staates America

All the scores in the live Central Park ´81 and ´91 songbook are the same as those from the album songbooks. I´ve alsways hated that, myself.

Ian
Dec-17-2008, 10:01 GMT
Norway

Yes Peter,I agree. You would think that with all the students finishing their musical education from the many establishments around the world every year,that the firms that publish these books could employ some of these students to transcribe accurately all the different versions of these songs,especially ones as important as ´Bridge´ etc. The same goes for guitar transcriptions. Buying sheet music years ago to teach myself the guitar,very much retarded my learning. The chord boxes above Sounds Of Silence for example,puts the key correctly as D minor,but doesn´t explain that to make it sound authentic,you must use a capo at the fifth fret and play it in A minor. Very frustrating to beginners still,I would imagine.

Belle
Dec-17-2008, 10:55 GMT
Unknown

Hi Ian, sad to say that I could read from tabs (fingerpicking techniques)..can´t decipher music notes. :-(

Scaaty  
Dec-17-2008, 11:12 GMT
Ireland

I thought this was the English language forum! This all sounds like double Dutch to me:)

Christian
Jan-07-2009, 18:51 GMT
Norway

Thanks for all the answers, but sorry for my late respond. In fact, I didn´t expect so many answers in so short amount of time.
And Peter - if you´d managed to do that, it would just have been splendid!

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread