HeadlineS&G summer tour 2004

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

Thomas
Jan-30-2004, 16:43 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Hi!

I think it´s cool that Paul and Artie are "friends" again, but I hope Paul will tour alone (trough Europe) and present his new album.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 256 ]

Alexandre
Jan-30-2004, 18:00 GMT
IP:
Switzerland

Hello,
Are two or three years really a long period of time between two albums by Simon´s standards? I don´t think so.

Oups, I forgot to introduce myself : I´m a swiss fan of Paul, but who just couldn´t wait to watch S&G live.

Hi everybody. Great site Bodo

Brandy
Jan-30-2004, 21:13 GMT
IP:
Canada

I´m sorry, for although I´m glad they are "friends" (yeah, we´ve heard that before and it didn´t last!) I wish Art would go away. His solo career was nowhere NEAR as amazingly successful as Paul´s was (*ahem* GRACELAND!!!) and I think he´s hungering for some easy cash and media attention. Bored or walking for years on end, Art?

Kath
Jan-31-2004, 03:06 GMT
IP:
Canada

I´m guessing your not that big of an Artie fan, Brandy...LOL! I understand how you feel...Though I am excited for the continuation of the Tour, I must admit...

But a new Album? I dunno how I feel about that...I want it yet, I´m scared that it will be so different that I won´t like it...You never know though...Besides, Paul wrote them, and they are singing them, so I will still like them, but they won´t be like the good ol´ days....If you know what I mean...Ack! Its hard to explain...I just want more music...Then I´ll be happy lol...

Bodo
Jan-31-2004, 09:20 GMT
IP:
Austria

It´s hopefully 4 years now, but I guess after a successfull tour in summer it´s a little bit stupid to bring out a solo album... so it could be 2005... really a long time IMO.

David
Jan-31-2004, 14:47 GMT
IP:
Germany

What was the time difference between Graceland, ROTS, Capeman and YTO? What´s to stop Paul bringing out a solo album even if he is performing with Art? He certainly managed to create Hearts And Bones during the tours of 1981-1983. And I know many fans consider THAT album one of their favourites even though it is regarded by the critics as a flop. So stop whining everybody. Let him do what he wants to and with whom! I´m sure it´s all going to be great fun. If Paul really wanted to tour alone I´m sure that he is Old enough and grown up enough to say so. And if he isn´t then he deserves all he gets, frankly.

Bodo
Jan-31-2004, 18:03 GMT
IP:
Austria

All the S&G now say ´Let him do what he want´s to do´... I wonder what the S&G fans said in 1970...

We don´t have any influence on what Paul Simon is doing by that way, we only have opinions.

Marieno
Feb-01-2004, 18:36 GMT
IP:
France

I don´t really think that the "REAL" PS fans (another big discussion in view: "what is a "REAL" PS fans?") want to hear in concert only S&G´s songs...

Marieno 
Feb-01-2004, 18:47 GMT
IP:
France

Bodo, why did you add the mention "Simon and Garfunkel" in the name of the site?, i think it´s not a good idea (sorry to say that...), i believed that your beautiful site was about PS...are you infected by the Simon & Garkunkelmania? but you´re the master, so...

Brandy
Feb-01-2004, 20:34 GMT
IP:
Canada

Okay, maybe we should all calm down a bit! Everyone´s entitled to their opinion, we should all resect that, but now everyone seems really arguementive! Deep breath, people!

No, Kath, I can´t stand Art at all, but that´s just my personel taste.

And yeah, Bodo, I noticed that "Simon & Garfunkel" thing too . . . what for, man?

Bodo
Feb-01-2004, 23:49 GMT
IP:
Austria

Hm, you are right folk´s. That Simon & Garfunkel headline isn´t really appropiate.

It is a test by that way, but for complete another thing.
2 weeks ago google changed it´s search algorythm, and suddenly this site wasn´t in the search results when someone searched for "Paul Simon"

So I tried to find out how google works and have read a lot of stuff about search machines.
I´ve changed a lot of things on this main page (things you actually can´t see)
One of the things is that all these parameters in the adress line are now away, only paul-simon.info is standing there now. Another thing is that I´ve read every site need´s a headline, and it should be connected with the search therms people use. I´ve found out that Paul Simon is connected with Simon and Garfunkel (haha ;-) ) int the google database. Well that´s important because there is another Paul Simon (the politican) and google can´t really decide which paul simon you mean when you search. So I thought I will put these 2 names into the headline. (BTW the second best headline would be something like "Paul Simon - Graceland")

But anyway, I also think that this is a little bit confusing as this site isn´t really a S&G fan site.
Maybe you all can help me in finding some better headlines for the page, I´m open for suggestions.

Maybe - "Paul Simon - I´m going to Graceland" .... ?

Another thing I´ve add is some invisible text. Google say´s that this site doesn´t have any content because I use these window IN the main window. Google is to stupid to see the content IN the home window, it simply can see the words:
MAIN, INTERACTIVE, LIVE, STUFF
http://www.paul-simon.info The neck of my guitar,
and NEWS, COVERS, MULTIMEDIA (on the bottom.

That´s all, so google thinks this site has nothing valluable.
Now I´ve add a lot of text into a place google can find but you all can´t see :-)
Simply go to "View Sourcecode" of this page. You will find a lot of text there. I wrote it very fast so it´s not really an excellent bio about paul, it´s just a text which includes a lot of keywords google likes ;-)

Ok, now the contest is started:
Who can find a good headline for this page? It should start with Paul Simon and include some remarkable words connected with him(like Graceland, singer, songwriter, songtitles... ) or maybe some lyrics

Ans Koenen 
Feb-02-2004, 00:12 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

We all will be received in Graceland, great line Bodo, it sounds a whole lot better than S&G. I can´t think of a better one.

David 
Feb-02-2004, 01:33 GMT
IP:
Germany

And in the naked light I saw....ten thousand people, maybe more.

Alexandre
Feb-02-2004, 09:20 GMT
IP:
Switzerland

Paul Simon : Sometimes music CAN subsitute for tears

Is that not a good line?

Bodo
Feb-02-2004, 10:20 GMT
IP:
Austria

Yeah that´s also a good one, I like every song from ROTS :-) , and the word music is in it

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread