Bottom

HeadlineS&G summer tour 2004

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

Bodo 
Jan-29-2004, 14:15 GMT
IP:
Austria

It seems to be true, one of the shows is already fixed - Colognia / Köln in Germany. They didn´t write an exact date, but a newspaper article said ´summer´

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 274 ]

Nathgertsch
Jan-29-2004, 15:02 GMT
IP:
France

I thought they would go on the American tour during that summer and would come to Europe only in winter 2004/2005 (according the the Italian media)

Bodo
Jan-29-2004, 15:06 GMT
IP:
Austria

uh...will they never stop? :-/

I want some Paul Simon solo concerts now! Art garfunkel is also doing his solo things...

Nathgertsch
Jan-29-2004, 18:13 GMT
IP:
France

The Dalai Lama should have advised him to stop ;-)

miriam
Jan-29-2004, 19:04 GMT
IP:
Germany

Well, he can stop - AFTER he toured Europe with S&G ;-)

Rosi
Jan-29-2004, 19:07 GMT
IP:
Germany

mh Bodo, I understand you because I share the same opinion. I want more Paul Simon solo concerts - soon. On the other hand: I´m glad for all the fans in Germany who not got the chance to see Simon and Garfunkel together in America.

David
Jan-29-2004, 19:23 GMT
IP:
Germany

Well maybe we should just be gratefull he is coming at all. And everybody seems to think that Paul is doing most of the vocals anyway so it´s mostly his show on that score. And let´s face it......who wouldn´t pay money to hear that version of Bridge again!!!! And...maybe we can enjoy the concerts more this time ´round without the popcorn eating, nacho-in-face-stuffing, beer drinking ultra-rude american "fans" talking amongst themselves everytime a "non-massive-hit" is played. We live in hope..

Ans Koenen 
Jan-29-2004, 19:43 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Well, this summer S&G, then in the fall Paul´s solo album, and the next summer Paul solo in Europe. If it would happen this way I would be very grateful.

David
Jan-29-2004, 19:52 GMT
IP:
Germany

Well maybe we should just be gratefull he is coming at all. And everybody seems to think that Paul is doing most of the vocals anyway so it´s mostly his show on that score. And let´s face it......who wouldn´t pay money to hear that version of Bridge again!!!! And...maybe we can enjoy the concerts more this time ´round without the popcorn eating, nacho-in-face-stuffing, beer drinking ultra-rude american "fans" talking amongst themselves everytime a "non-massive-hit" is played. We live in hope..

emily
Jan-29-2004, 21:15 GMT
IP:
Germany

maybe you all should just accept that Paul and Artie are getting along pretty well.
A true Paul Simon fan, in my opinion, is not someone who denies his "star´s" friendships.

Brandy
Jan-29-2004, 21:25 GMT
IP:
Canada

I guess they´re trying to be fair with ALL of their fans, not just the ones in America, by continuing the tour. I, too, wish they would stop, leave Simon & Garfunkel in the 1960s and get on with their own lives, still being friends if that´s what they want.

I can´t help but be annoyed though. I really want Paul to work on his solo album and solo tour. No offense to anyone, but I´ve never really liked Artie. Maybe I´m wrong but it always seems to be HIM announcing new tour dates and such, I guess he hungers for some Old-time glory after Paul´s solo career completely surpassed his own;)

Enough of reliving the "good ol´ days", Paul, I for one, want more of you and less of Artie, please!!!

Bodo
Jan-30-2004, 09:41 GMT
IP:
Austria

Ehm.. a friendship I really don´t give much attention (broke in the late 50´,s in the late 60´s in the early 80´s in the early 90´s... and always had a break of around 4 to 10 years.
Their friendship should be a private one. And another question to you emily: Would you like it if Artie never sings his solo songs? A heart in New York, All I know, Bright eyes, Bounced, ... I don´t think you would like that.

Bodo
Jan-30-2004, 10:15 GMT
IP:
Austria

I agree :-) ... if

But I can still read the headline in July...

"New S&G album awaited to be released soon"
An Art Garfunkel spokesman told the media on Friday night that a new album of the duo could be released soon.
After the success of this reunion tour (1.2 million audience, 140 million US$ incomme) another album is the logical step to please the fan´s.
Both are very happy about this idea the spokesman said and the album could be made in a rush because Simon still has written several songs in the last years, allways with the tought these songs could be perfect S&G tunes. The duo will work in the legendary NY Hitfactory studios during the next weeks to adapt the songs. After Art Garfunkels big solo success as a songwriter in the last years it´s clear that his input on the songs will make them to another classical S&G recording.
Garfunkel confirmed last week that both are now happy that they can work together again and they have success now after so many decades of unfruitful time in their careers.

S&G had big success in the 60´s as a folk duo, recording hit´s like ´Bridge Over Troubled Water´, ´Mrs. Robins´ ...bla bla

emily
Jan-30-2004, 12:23 GMT
IP:
Germany

Did I say I want the solo works to be broken up? Is this a need?
In my opinion not. But let them just enjoy that they have found together again. They might "brake up" again in a few years time, and maybe I´ll be okay with that too, but when they now think they get alon quite well, why should they not show it? I mean, what is their life?? Music. Why should they not express that they are happy?
Can´t you just imagine that it might have been hard for them too and that their are somewhat relieved now?

Bodo
Jan-30-2004, 14:08 GMT
IP:
Austria

It´s not a need, but the Paul Simon fans are waiting for the new solo album since summer 2002. And as long as he tours with Art he is not working on that album.

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread