Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlinePaul/Woodstock 99/Letterman

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Ian  
Dec-06-2008, 10:52 GMT
Norway

Hi,did Paul play at Woodstock 99? I should know this,I realize,but if I did,I´ve forgotten. My feeling is that he did because on the first Letterman show after the festival,Dave´s ´Top Ten´ was something like ´10 things heard at Woodstock 99´ and one of the entries was[and I don´t remember which number it was]-´No,that´s not a sleeping bag,it´s Paul Simon´??? Does anyone remember this,or know what it means?

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 435 ]

Bodo
Dec-06-2008, 12:08 GMT
Austria

Never heard about that Letterman joke, but I am pretty sure Paul did not play at Woodstock 99

Ian
Dec-06-2008, 12:49 GMT
Unknown

Well,my memory was a little off. I just googled and found Letterman´s Top Ten for July 23,1999. Number 5 was ´ATTENTION-Paul Simon should not be used as a Hackey Sack´. Still don´t know if that means he was there,but I remember at the time the rumour was that Paul would play at Woodstock 99. That would have been around the Paul/Bob tour wouldn´t it?

Bodo
Dec-06-2008, 13:33 GMT
Austria

Yes, Paul-BOb tour.
And in that time the internet community was watching very carefully about Paul.
On Lasers in the jungle there have been concert reviews for every show. So I doubt he played at Woodstock.

But - there also was a rumour that Paul played at a fundraiser show in Jamaica in 1999 (or 98?), and I never ever found any information about that except 1 internet article saying that there will be a concert... Well I was very interested in that show because this would be the first and only show in Jamaica (on the TOUR site here you can search by country and city..thats why I wanted to know more about this show)

Joey
Dec-06-2008, 16:44 GMT
Canada

No Woodstock. No Jamaica.

Ian
Dec-07-2008, 02:40 GMT
Unknown

Well,Paul couldn´t have played Woodstock,because he was playing in Boston at the time. As for Jamaica,I have no idea. And Letterman...Hackey Sack indeed!

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread