Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlinePaul Simon on Colbert Report

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Jozsef
Nov-20-2008, 11:13 GMT
Romania

Three other performances that pop up my mind: Loves Me Like A Rock at the Gershwin ceremony (along with Steve Wonder and the Dixie Hummingbirds (you can check it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eDGUfvh6PQ), the live, extremely interesting, powerful and still ironical version of "You´re the one" at Taormina (01.08.08 - you can download it from this link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=536DVR92) and the version of "Homeward Bound" available at thedreamerofmusic.com

Furthermore: from the CP91 concert 2 or 3 performances can be selected for sure and the same is the case with the Capeman (Trailway Bus without any doubt)- just as (almost) any version of Rene and Gerogette Magritte.

Now, these are subjective selections inevitably, I´m aware of this.

Any suggestions?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 254 ]

Scaaty  
Nov-20-2008, 18:08 GMT
Ireland

I got a message "Dear Ireland I´m sorry but this show is not available to you"
I guess someone told Fox that we were all shouting for Obama

Ans
Nov-20-2008, 18:51 GMT
Netherlands

Hi Scaaty,

maybe this one will work for you.

http://stereogum.com/archives/video/paul-simon-sto
ps-by-the-colbert-report_036851.html

Scaaty
Nov-20-2008, 18:54 GMT
Ireland

Thanks Ans,
Thats brilliant look forward to listening to it!

Nikki
Nov-20-2008, 20:56 GMT
France

What a nice change from all the serious interviews! But does anyone else get the impression that Paul somehow doesn´t feel too at ease with this type of thing anymore? I mean if you look back to his goofing around on SNL and compare it to this. He tried to take up the comic tone, sure, but he also seemed very detached somehow. It´s kind of sad, I wonder whether it´s just part of his getting older. But yes beautiful rendition of American Tune and I completely agree with what you said Ian about age giving his voice an extra dimension.

Kerstin  
Nov-25-2008, 20:55 GMT
Germany

Thanks a lot Ans. This works for me too.

Baylee
Nov-25-2008, 23:59 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Colbert is a very funny and sarcastic New York personality, so maybe Paul was just being a little on guard. One never knows what Colbert will do.......

Scaaty  
Nov-27-2008, 21:26 GMT
Ireland

I got involved in the posting under the American Tune link. It seems I was mistaken for the man himself!
Anne
It´s right:this song was written after the demise of Simon and Garfunkel ...But it has been sung with Garfunkel in Concert in Central Park and in the tour Old friend and recorded in both (CD and DVD). Paul Simon is a great, a creator of masterpieces... but has a short memory.
Posted by: Anne in reply to derek´s comment at 11/20/08 2:54 PM | Reply
Score = 0
Tell me Anne if you were alive before 1970 would you like to still be stuck there doing the same thing over and over. I doubt it! Artie is lucky that he met Paul and could then live off what he had achieved in his 20´s right up til his 60´s. Paul, on the otherhand, would have been successful either way (his career in Britain for example) and is still achieving. Time to move on girl:)
Posted by: Scaaty at 11/20/08 4:56 PM | Reply
Score = 0
Scaaty you are you? The actual scaaty? Thank you for reply. Listen to me: who find a friend find a treasure. But who loses a friend lost a treasure.Yes, Artie is lucky that he met you and could then live off what he had achieved in his 20´s right up til his 60´s. But he has always desired a single thing, his friend you look at in his eyes and say: you are a great. Together we have built our luck. I am with my creativity, my genius, my work, you with your beauty, your extraordinary voice, your commitment and with the support that you gave me for many years. Our voices together have been more than the sum of two voces. They have created an unforgettable harmony, that remains in the minds and hearts of so many people. It is true, the life continues, but it is not just cancel the beauty to find a beauty different._Intended full recognition of your creative genius? Now you have obtained._It is high time to create still rediscovering the real feelings, knoted the thread of life that continues, after having passed the selfishness which can destroy another human being and removes the people, the joy to hear the things that need._If you´re not the true scaaty, I ask forgiveness. I hope that the actual scaaty read these post and decides to give the world a gift, in exchange for the gift received.
Posted by: Anne in reply to Scaaty´s comment at 11/21/08 7:58 AM |

Ian
Nov-28-2008, 19:33 GMT
Norway

What the.......??? Am I missing something Scaaty? Is your moniker somehow Paul Simon related,or is this woman having a serious dreaming spell at the keyboard?

Scaaty  
Nov-28-2008, 20:45 GMT
Ireland

Gas isn´t it?
Well Scaaty is for Still Crazy etc but why think that a) PS would use it and b) be arrogant enough to write the comment I wrote. The lady in question I think is Italian and maybe did not fully understand English. I have written another comment and revealed my true identity.

Ian
Nov-28-2008, 22:10 GMT
Norway

Oh embarrassment,I can´t believe I missed the Still Crazy thing. And everyone knows that when PS uses the forums,he calls himself Paul ´Bridge Over Troubled Water´ Simon.:-)

rob groningen
Nov-30-2008, 17:59 GMT
Unknown

Hello Ans,

is there a download for the Colbert video?

Patata
Dec-05-2008, 00:37 GMT
Germany

Video Download:

Format: Avi (Xvid)

Part 1
http://v13.cthost.de/CR/CR_Paul_Simon_prt1.avi

Part 2
http://v13.cthost.de/CR/CR_Paul_Simon_prt2_America
n_Tune.avi

Audio Download: