Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlinePaul Simon on Colbert Report

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Danny C
Nov-15-2008, 04:36 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Paul Simon will be a guest on the Colbert Report on Comedy Central on Tuesday November 18th.

http://www.paulsimon.com/paul-simon-tour-stop-2008
-11-18

http://www.colbertnation.com/home

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 539 ]

Bodo
Nov-15-2008, 14:52 GMT
Austria

The google maps link on paulsimon.com is very helpfull
:-D
I guess most people do not know this city...New York??

Nikki
Nov-15-2008, 18:33 GMT
France

My god they actually updated the website! Well a few weeks too late as usual... and with a whole bunch of things still missing. I really do wonder who on earth is in charge of his publicity and why they haven´t been fired yet.

mog
Nov-19-2008, 14:59 GMT
Canada

Did someone watch it ? I did.

It was a nice interview, in a comedy style though. Example of joke:

Colbert: your music is a big part of the sixties. Do you want to apologize for this ?

LOL !!!

On the whole, Paul could have taken the interview more easy...

PS did also an acoustic version of "American Tune".

I can see if I can put it on YouTube if there is any interest, but I believe the episode is available on the Colbert webpage.

Ans
Nov-19-2008, 20:11 GMT
Netherlands

It was indeed a nice interview, I thought Paul handled it very well. Paul was on his guard and with good reason if you consider the banal remark Colbert made about the line in the song Cecilia.

Ian
Nov-19-2008, 21:17 GMT
Unknown

Oh man,I just watched it here in Australia and I thought it was great. Paul looked really good... ´American Tune´,stately and still relevant. I´m going to watch it again now.

Kerstin
Nov-19-2008, 22:08 GMT
Germany

I tried to watch it but the site won´t open for me. Will try it again later.

Baylee
Nov-20-2008, 02:49 GMT

Another funny exchange: Colbert: You are known to be a great lyricist and a modern poet of America; you couldn´t come up with anything better than "Lyrics" for the title? LOL here.... Also, Colbert called the book a perfect gift for people who "Love songs, but hate music." Good, but short interview.

neongoddess
Nov-20-2008, 03:25 GMT

I watched the interview, and I thought it was funny!

Okay, maybe this is a stupid question...but has Paul had a facelift?? His hair looked a bit strange, too....like stiff and very straight. Too much hairspray??

Ian
Nov-20-2008, 03:47 GMT
Unknown

Hi Neongoddess,my sister just asked me that very same question about Paul. His ears and jowls look a little touched. Whatever he´s done,I think it looks good.

nancy
Nov-20-2008, 04:51 GMT

He has hair where he used to have the bald spot. Maybe a hair weave or something like that? He does look good.

Jozsef
Nov-20-2008, 08:17 GMT
Romania

This acoustic version of the American Tune... fresh, powerful: absolutely remarkable - I´d put with no hesitation in the PS top 5.

Ian
Nov-20-2008, 08:35 GMT
Norway

I agree Jozsef,and I think the audience was enthusiastic too. Paul´s voice has taken on a warmth in recent years that only age can provide. Add that to the dignity of both the song and performance,and you have a classic Paul Simon moment.

Jozsef
Nov-20-2008, 08:50 GMT
Romania

Hello Ian,

an other remarkable moment was "served" just a few days ago at the end of the Barnes and Noble presentation with The Only Living Boy - although the most perfect version of this song is on the the BBC One session in my view.

See these two songs are indubitably two peaks of the PS oeuvre or "creation history", what do you think?

Ian
Nov-20-2008, 10:41 GMT
Norway

Yes I do agree,his ability to pull these impromptu magical moments from his hat,at a moments notice sometimes,just staggers me. It´s on those occasions that I am reminded why I Love his music in the first place. I think I am going to put a personal disc together of what I believe are his ´Top 20´ performances. Any suggestions?

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread