Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineLyrics Book

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

Baylee
Nov-08-2008, 04:11 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Picked up my copy of the new book today. It has two intros,lyrics for every song --including all the Capeman songs, a few pictures, and a couple of pages of handwritten lyrics. I was disappointed that there are NO comments by Paul whatsoever--makes me think he had no input. Anyone else see it yet? Still great to appreciate the beauty of the lyrics, though!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 693 ]

Ans
Nov-08-2008, 13:18 GMT
Netherlands

Well, the title isn´t that promising that it will contain Paul´s comments. And where to begin, it´s impossible to comment on all the songs. It´s not Paul´s style to give a lot of information, that´s why in the interviews always come the Old stories back like on GMA yesterday.
I haven´t ordered it yet but probably will. To have all the lyrics together in one book is kind of nice and to have all the lyrics of the Capeman musical is worthwhile buying it.

Bodo  
Nov-08-2008, 14:54 GMT
Austria

So - what about the ´new´ 2008 lyrics?

Baylee
Nov-08-2008, 15:52 GMT

There are lyrics for "Rewrite" (has that been released?) and "Love and Hard Times". The latter has slightly different lyrics than what you have posted, such as :It´s easy to be generous when you´re on a roll...The book is great, but a few sidenotes would have made it a real treasure!

mog
Nov-11-2008, 21:06 GMT
Canada

Would it be possible for you please to reproduce Rewrite lyrics for us ?

Also, see http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2008-11-09
-simon-songs_N.htm.

The Dreamer of Music announced that Simon will be on the Colbert Report show on Nov. 14.

Nikki
Nov-11-2008, 22:47 GMT
France

No I don´t think that has been released - it´s the first time I´ve heard of it. I don´t think it was even on the list of songs Dreamer of Music announced a few months ago.

Baylee
Nov-12-2008, 00:11 GMT

I will post it on this site asap. Are you sure about the date for the USA today link? It´s not working....

Cécilia
Nov-12-2008, 01:06 GMT
France

Try this link : http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2008-11-09
-simon-songs_N.htm

Baylee
Nov-12-2008, 01:18 GMT

Thanks, got it--good article!Anyone know what other shows he´s going to be on? Thought maybe Letterman since he´s been on Dave´s show a lot and it´s taped in NY. "Rewrite" lyrics are posted--was this one of the new songs from this summer?

Cécilia
Nov-12-2008, 01:59 GMT
France

Thanks a lot for posting "Rewrite" lyrics Baylee. I´m looking forward to hearing that song. I especially like that verse :
"I´ll eliminate the pages
Where the father has a breakdown
And he has to leave the family
But he really meant no harm
Gonna substitute a car chase
And a race across the rooftops
Where the father saves the children
And he holds them in his arms"

Belle
Nov-18-2008, 06:40 GMT
Unknown

Hi, does anyone know if the lyric book has Paul´s autograph, even though I bought fm Amazon?

Ans
Nov-18-2008, 09:56 GMT
Netherlands

There are 500 signed copies but they were already sold out the night Paul attended Barnes & Noble. The first one is already for sale at ebay (page 6 at the moment) for $99.99

Belle
Nov-18-2008, 10:14 GMT
Unknown

Thanks Ans. That´s insane for $99.99. I would grab Paul to sign on mine next time i see him.

Ans
Nov-18-2008, 11:08 GMT
Netherlands

It´s sad that it happens this way. On youtube there are a few videos when Paul leaves the building and they want him to sign guitars, on the video there is a message for this site where you can buy autograhps. I´m glad I got his autograph twice when I attended his concerts instead of buying them. I think it would be better if Paul didn´t sign anything when he leaves a building in public but that´s not fair to the real fans.
Well, money, money money....

Bodo
Nov-18-2008, 14:38 GMT
Austria

Everyone who buys these things is an real idiot and has too much money. I think for that reason - the people deserve the money ;-) (yes not really but... I think the real bad people in that game are the people which have soooo much money to BUY autographs, and to buy concert tickets for 1000 USD from some dealers. They destroy the system.

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread