Bottom

HeadlineLos Lobos

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

Jeroen
Nov-07-2008, 14:32 GMT
Netherlands

Hakan,
It´s a exciting and thought-provoking point you´re making. However, I think most people would agree that a perfectionist such as Paul Simon resists including so-called album fillers. I remember that Daimonds was the last song he put on Graceland, appearing as the first track on the B side (I´m getting Old) and that Gumboots was based on the tape that he heard prior to his musical adventure overseas and beyond. On Rhythm Of The Saints he worked on eleven songs at once, so there´s no real preconceived order.
Furthermore, it might be that you like the first 5 or 6 songs better just because the attention span wavers after some time.
Jeroen

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 242 ]

Nikki
Nov-08-2008, 02:46 GMT
France

Thanks so much Ian - what a fascinating link! I think I´d read some of it once before but it´s very interesting. Especially to see how his thoughts have evolved over time - I mean some of the things he said in the earlier interviews, I don´t think we could ever imagine him saying now.

Webster
Nov-09-2008, 16:53 GMT
Germany

Thank you Ans for the link to the Dreamerofmusic website. It´s a very enjoyable read.
I had gotten to know and Love the music of the Lobos seperately from that of Paul Simon, so when I first read on a Lobos fansite about there being some bad blodd because of their collaboration, I was pretty curious to find out what all this is about, because it involves some of my favourite musicians.
Having read lots of material on the web from both points of view, I´d like to say it´s not worth the hassle because far from the best song in either artist´s repertoire.

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread