Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineMysterious Mrs. Robinson

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Bodo
Nov-04-2008, 14:40 GMT
Austria

I was so free to glue together all the peaces I could find from the short October 8 concert at the Town Hall in New York. Paul played 4 fabulous songs, only companied by Mark Stewart. Also including the new version of Mrs. Robinson with the Mystery Train intro. So you hear this song now as a guitar duet without a backing band.

I have found 3 videos on the web - thanks to Paul Fournier btw - and all 3 videos having recorded different parts of the song. So you might hear some changes in the sound, and I guess somewhere a few lines are lost (tell me if you find the position ;-)

Here is the song:
Mysterious Mrs. Robinson

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 531 ]

Bodo
Nov-04-2008, 14:43 GMT
Austria

pieces... pieces of peace

Ian
Nov-06-2008, 20:45 GMT
Unknown

Excellent editing Bodo. I think the missing line is ´Sitting on a sofa on a Sunday afternoon´. Apart from that,it´s a truncated version,or the whole performance was not recorded. I´m probably the only person on this site never to have heard any of the existing ´boots´ of Paul´s 84 solo concerts,but this acoustic version of Mrs Robinson [with Mark] is very exciting to hear. I´d Love to see him do another tour like that,with just Mark as backup!

Bodo
Nov-09-2008, 12:20 GMT
Austria

Indeed - such a tour would be fun. Or a full TV concert. You remember when that MTV unplugged thing became important in the early 90´s everyone was adapting his songs to just 2-3 accoustic guitars. But Paul came with his 12-men band. Although I like the MTV unplugged show very much, I think he could have made it better.
This Mrs.Robinson version would have fit much better to the unplugged ambient.

Ian
Nov-09-2008, 18:14 GMT
Unknown

Yeah,I agree Bodo. The ´unplugged´ concert Paul did was/is great,but the arrangements were really just those he had used on the BART tour. If anyone could have done justice to the SOLO ´unplugged´ principle, Paul Simon would´ve been a good bet, and would be still today.

Jon
Nov-09-2008, 22:09 GMT
USA - United Staates America

he didn´t play mrs robinson on the ´84 tour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRv_i3xLhpc

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread