Bottom

HeadlinePaul the comedian

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

Paul
Jan-29-2009, 21:32 GMT
Unknown

let me add my three pence:
1. in 1993 during one of the concert of a Lifetime Paul was talking about Arty and himself becoming to sing as a duo. And there was a little pause. And one of the guys in the audience yelled ´wwooh!´ i like the way he shouted this. And Paul said:
"huh.. it´s like a new piece of information that has just drifted out that they were a duo? Two of them?? Oh my! that could work!" :)))))))))))))

2. The same night he and Ladysmith Black Mombaso sang a song Homeless. And after this Paul told a funny story about their collaboration in Sesame street:
"You know we have sung together hundreds of times All Around The World now and.. er.. it was just a week before we met at the Paramount we realised that there´s a new conception of who we are in our relationship. This was brought home to us by Ula Hedrick´s (<she were on Jingles during the Lifetime tour - i remember Paul had introduced them after Something So Right song>) little boy Casie who was about four years Old. She brought him into hereahsal one day and i could hear her saying
- No. They are.. i´m telling you these are.. these are the people who are on Sesame Street..
- No. No they´re not. No they´re..
- Yes. Yes. Mr. Simon sings Put Down The Ducky. Ladysmith Black Mombaso sings Put down The Duckie and the Alphabet.
- No-oooo..
So.. Of course we had to sing for Casie to proove that we weren´t.. we weren´t you know phonies. And when we finished.. When we finished with Put down the Ducky he said:
- You know, that song is gotten me through some really hard times.
The end :))"
By the way they appeared in Sesame Street in 1987 or smth like this. And there´s a video on youtube.

3. In 1992 on MTV Unplugged Paul had to repeat a starting song Born At The Right Time because of some troubles with his guitar which has been solved a few songs later. And when they finished this song he had to say again "Welcome to MTV Unplugged" as it had to be a kind of introducion song. But he said the following and i like it very much:
"Oh, what a showbiz crowd. Giving it like that first song: Oooh! yeah! Well welcome..welcome to MTV Unplugged:))))"

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 286 ]

Paul
Jan-31-2009, 13:12 GMT
Unknown

I agree with Nikki that "it´s not in the words themselves, it´s in his completely deadpan voice and rhythm of speech and the expression on his face". So i want you to listen to this, sorry no expression on his face:
http://rapidshare.com/files/191995264/Bob_Dylan_do
ing_Bob_Dylan.mp3.html

It´s from the BBC radio 1965. And here are a lot of funny things. It ends with: "Like a rolling stone". I found it very hillarious :)

Paul
Jan-31-2009, 13:18 GMT
Unknown

Here´s that monolog which i transcribed from the Concert of a Lifetime 1993-10-08:
http://rapidshare.com/files/191997824/Paul_Simon__
talking_about_Sesame_Street_1993-08-10.mp3.html

Paul  
Feb-01-2009, 15:23 GMT
Unknown

This is a 10 minutes from the concert of a Lifetime 1993-10-29, which i really think is worth listening to.
All the people in the Paramount Theatre were very impressed.. as well as i - it was terrific!! And very funny
Here´s a little plan i wrote:
01. The Sparks :)
02. The Peptones :)
03. Duo :))))
04. You´re mine and we belong together for eternity :)
05. New York accent :)
06. I won´t even bite at that :)))
07. People who live in the Hartford State Theatre are here :)
08. Little Joe and the Thrillers :)
09. Peanuts a a a - a a: the hundred dollar seats are starting to seem like a bargain :)))
10. little joe THE THRILLER :)))))))))
11. This is your first rock&roll show you guys are gonna Love it : pRRRRooo Black Slacks :)
12. Hey Schoolgirl: My first guitar solo :))))

http://rapidshare.com/files/192480211/Little_Joe_T
he_Thriller.mp3.html

Paul
Feb-03-2009, 14:38 GMT
Unknown

i think it´s not fair that the download is available only 10 times. So i have uploaded again:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NAP7RDID

Jozsef
Feb-03-2009, 17:32 GMT
Romania

Thanks very much!

Nikki
Feb-08-2009, 12:12 GMT
Australia

Awesome, thanks Paul!

Paul
Feb-08-2009, 14:05 GMT
Unknown

You´re welcome Nikki! You´re back to your home country as i see :)

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread