Bottom

HeadlineThe Kodachrome Project

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Kodachrome_Project  
Oct-26-2008, 17:09 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Hi,

I am Daniel Bayer, the creator and director of the Kodachrome Project, a global tribute to Kodachrome´s 75th anniversary.

It will come as no Surprise that in less than a year or two, Kodak will cease to produce Kodachrome film. But as a professional photographer shooting for decades, no digital can compare to it. I shoot it with Leica cameras and it is stunning. I need to make a portrait of Paul in the next year or so on Kodachrome for the project, it would be utterly lame if this did not happen. I need help in facilitating that. I am not a celebrity nut, I live in Aspen, celebrities are my neighbors so one need not worry about the typical fanfare, I am a professional and they are people.

Validation of this project can be found by simply googling the word "Kodachrome". The site, Kodachromeproject.com, will appear on the first page of the results. This project is very important to the history of the film and the closing of the era known as the Kodachrome era. So I am going to be using every possible way to get Paul to engage in it some how. Maybe he can meet me in Kodachrome Basin?

Look for an article on Kodachrome in the Wichita Eagle on Monday, the 27th of October. I have been quoted in it. This is the real deal folks, and we are running out of time, so lets get real.

Sincerely,

Daniel Bayer
Creator / Director of the Kodachrome Project

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 753 ]

Kodachrome_Project
Oct-26-2008, 17:16 GMT

This is the link to the site if anyone is interested:

http://www.Kodachromeproject.com

A link to a good recent thread on the film on a large film only site:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/54504-how-nudge
-
Kodachrome-back-into-consumers-eye.html

Kodachrome_Project
Oct-26-2008, 17:22 GMT

By the way, part of the reason I am pushing for this is that tons of other people are too, including famed rock and roll shooter Lynn Goldsmith who thinks it is darn near mandatory.

If anyone has contact info for Paul, please send it to me privately through the site.

Thanks,

Dan

mog
Oct-27-2008, 13:26 GMT
Canada

Interesting !

How to contact Paul ? Good question !

Since his office in New York is famous for not responding to letters, I would try to give them a call.

Maybe also through his official web site?

toki71
Oct-27-2008, 15:26 GMT
Germany

However I read, that Paul wasn´t too happy, when Kodak/Eastman made him put the R-Mark (registered ...) on the songtitle Kodachrome. Good luck!

mog
Oct-28-2008, 14:10 GMT
Canada

I think Paul does not intend to sing this song anymore since it has lost relevance nowadays.

But he should not...it is a fanstastic song !!

Bodo  
Oct-28-2008, 16:53 GMT
Austria

What is the source of your thoughts mog?
Blind guess?

mog
Oct-28-2008, 18:53 GMT
Canada

I think it was a radio interview during the Surprise Tour. I can track that down if you are really interested.

Paul said something like: "now, everybody shoots digital."

If I remember correctly, he added that he was ok with this since he was a little bit tired of signing it.

DannyJ  
Oct-28-2008, 19:45 GMT
United Kingdom

Perhaps he should re-brand it ´Vodafone´ and bring it up to the 21st century...

Makes you think all the world´s a smaller place, oh yeah...

Bodo
Oct-28-2008, 19:59 GMT
Austria

And this was asked in the context of playing the song Kodachrome?

That sounds very strange, as Pauls songs are timeless and do not have anything to do with digital cameras or whatever.

Scaaty
Oct-28-2008, 21:17 GMT
Ireland

Mog is right Bodo, there is a very enjoyable light hearted interview on British radio, shortly after the release of |S|urprise, Paul is laughing all the way through, especially about the "Art Garfunkel question" and on the daily routine of a "legend". but anyway the interviewer said that no-one knew what Kodachrome was any more as everyone used digital and Paul said that was fine by him as he was getting fed up singing it.

Thou´ in his recent concert in cork someone was shouting for it.

Bodo
Oct-28-2008, 22:14 GMT
Austria

Well - that doesn´t mean a lot in my opinion. Paul was getting fed up with touring as S&G, writting new songs and a lot of other things ... in a few years he will sing the song again. Sounds more like a snippy funny answer to me.

BTW. Another answer to the intviewers question would have been that his audience is not exactly the age group of 13 years Old.

(My guess is that everyone at his concerts knows exactly what Kodachrome is...)

mog
Oct-28-2008, 22:39 GMT
Canada

I found the extract back. It is in the Excessive Fans section I think...Simon on WrightBBC2.

Good news is when Simon responds to the question, he is laughing.

I am confident that he will sing it again.

Kelly Shew
Oct-28-2008, 23:53 GMT
United Kingdom

id be upset if he didnt sing it again, its one of my favorites, i mean how many songs have the first line as " when i think back on all the crap i learnt in high school, its a wonder i can think at all?" brilliance! i am an amateur photographer and Love using Kodachrome! i wasnt aware that they were gonna stop making it, im gonna have to stockpile i think!

do a petition to make Paul Simon sing kodachrome whilst holding a nikon camera using kodachrome or something, that would be cool!

im gonna stop im waffling

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread