Nikki
Oct-30-2008, 18:14 GMT
France

LOL! Nicely put Jeroen

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 6640 ]

Joey
Oct-30-2008, 23:25 GMT
Canada

We played a few PS songs at my (recent) wedding - Call Me Al, LITE, Me & Julio during the dancing; So Long Frank and Something So Right during dinner. Our first dance was to Edie´s Once In A While and the "mother-son" dance (don´t know how common that is) was Loves Me Like A Rock. That´s Where I Belong would have been a good one, but I forgot to include it - a plain and beautiful expression of affection (the second verse in particular).

I wanted to walk down the aisle to The Coast but the string trio couldn´t make it happen. Forgot to include that during dinner too - how about that!

Nikki
Oct-31-2008, 20:16 GMT
France

Just a thought... here we are talking about all the possible Paul Simon songs for our weddings, but I wonder what songs Paul chose to play at his weddings?

Kelly Shew
Oct-31-2008, 23:11 GMT
United Kingdom

hurrah! i did something right today makes a change!... i wonder if he had some carly simon for the irony at his wedding? bah! i had a hunt through the Old vinals and i quite like the idea of Loves Me Like A Rock.. but that is about his mum... so what about some simon and garfunkel classics instead of Paul Simon as a solo? has anyone said that? i havent read all the comments!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 6639 ]

matthew
Dec-09-2008, 23:25 GMT
United Kingdom

Let´s be honest, Paul Simon is better when he is writing about divorce than marriage!

What about Thelma, though? It is upbeat and nice and romantic. "Thelma my darling, I will cushion your fall"

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 6639 ]

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread